Re: A question on where to begin

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Thor, May 10, 2007.

  1. Thor

    Thor Guest

    MCTS dev track(s) first.
    I think I would jump on the distributed first with your background.
    Read Petzold: "Programming Windows" (any edition) if you haven't: it bridges
    the gap between your valuable experience and .NET.
    Also, I'm thinking, maybe have a look at BizTalk or ASP+Windows Workflow
    Foundation, if this is the kind of thing that is easy for you (just a
    feeling).
    If you are the typical Linux guy you might have fun with Ruby or Python (on
    ..NET), I mean for playing around with.
    53

    Thor, May 10, 2007

  2. Thor

    Thor Guest

    I forgot: C++ Managed is pretty cool, optimizer is supposed to be muchmuch
    better than on other .NET languages, and if you are used to STL and that
    kind of stuff transition might be easier
    53

    Thor, May 10, 2007