Re: A programme is trying to access your address book

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 25, 2009.

  1. Tappy Lappy wrote:

    > I get this message when posting a reply on a newsgroup using Outlook
    > express, but only when repling to one specific user. All other
    > contributos pose no problem. I am running XP. Should I be concerned.

    If it is just one user, check their headers for a Reply-To or Email-To
    an email address. Can you post the Message-ID of one of his/her posts?

    It's not likely you need to be concerned.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 25, 2009

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    VanguardLH Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Tappy Lappy wrote:
    >
    >> I get this message when posting a reply on a newsgroup using Outlook
    >> express, but only when repling to one specific user. All other
    >> contributos pose no problem. I am running XP. Should I be concerned.

    > If it is just one user, check their headers for a Reply-To or Email-To
    > an email address. Can you post the Message-ID of one of his/her posts?
    >
    > It's not likely you need to be concerned.

    There is an Email-To header? Never heard of it. I saw old articles
    about the Mail-Copies-To header as a request to add to an RFC but I
    don't think it ever got accepted. RFC 1036 lists the headers but I
    don't see an Email-To header listed there. Didn't find it in RFC 5322,
    either.
    VanguardLH, May 25, 2009

  3. VanguardLH wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> If it is just one user, check their headers for a Reply-To or
    >> Email-To an email address.

    > There is an Email-To header? Never heard of it.

    Was looking at my compose window, where there is a field for that. No,
    it probably doesn't show up on Usenet.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 25, 2009
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> If it is just one user, check their headers for a Reply-To or
    >>> Email-To an email address.

    >> There is an Email-To header? Never heard of it.

    > Was looking at my compose window, where there is a field for that. No,
    > it probably doesn't show up on Usenet.

    Come to think of it, the problem poster probably has an email address in
    the Followup-To or Mail-Copies-To header fields.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 25, 2009