Re: A-plus Question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John Dearing, May 28, 2009.

  1. John Dearing

    John Dearing Guest

    the_team_monkey wrote:
    > Which one is that, or what should I ask for. Just a question, just had to
    > ask I am in the dark now, Thanks...

    You seem to imply that you took one exam 4 years ago, this would have
    been either the A+ Core Hardware exam or the A+ Operating System exam.
    If you took and passed only one of those exams you never got A+ certified.

    To get A+ certified you need to take and pass both exams *from the same
    series* of exams.

    So, if you passed the A+ Core Hardware exam 4 years ago, it no longer
    counts because you never completed the companion exam.

    If you want to get A+ certified now, you'll need to take and pass the
    current A+ Essentials exam and then pick a specialization exam, like the
    Field Service Technician exam. After passing *both* exams you'll then be
    A+ certified.

    I hope this clears thing up for you. Unfortunately, your exam from 4
    years ago no longer counts.

    As always, a whole lot more information is available at the CompTIA
    website. www.comptia.org

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing