Re: A philosopher's final answer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thanatoid, Mar 14, 2009.

  1. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > Well...after fooling with Linux for close to ten years...
    > I recently did a few upgrades and have now deployed Fedora
    > 10 on my main machine.
    >
    > Though I have all the apps I need and finally, 100%
    > hardware support... I decided to push the limits and try to
    > run Publisher (the one application I really need to run
    > nativly in Windows)

    I /have/ to ask... WHY do you NEED to use that piece of crap?
    Convert the files (one would have a faint hope that even
    Publisher allows something like that, at worst, use a 3rd party
    to convert to pdf and "unpack" and work with those) and use
    another better free program!

    > here is the error message
    >
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/errors.jpg
    >
    > Pretty much sums up what the philosophers have been
    > seeking... viz: the meaning of life,
    > the meaning of the universe...
    > and existence in general.
    >
    > A good summation of my life,
    > computers
    > and the 21st century

    Agreed. Beautiful.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Mar 14, 2009

  2. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > philo <> wrote in
    >
    >> Well...after fooling with Linux for close to ten years...
    >> I recently did a few upgrades and have now deployed Fedora
    >> 10 on my main machine.
    >>
    >> Though I have all the apps I need and finally, 100%
    >> hardware support... I decided to push the limits and try
    >> to run Publisher (the one application I really need to run
    >> nativly in Windows)

    > I /have/ to ask... WHY do you NEED to use that piece of
    > crap? Convert the files (one would have a faint hope that
    > even Publisher allows something like that, at worst, use a
    > 3rd party to convert to pdf and "unpack" and work with
    > those) and use another better free program!

    And there are quite a few apps that will make a PDF out of
    anything produced with anything regardless of /that/ program's
    ability to generate PDF code.

    thanatoid, Mar 14, 2009