Re: A little nostalgia this morning

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by piks11, Jul 3, 2010.

  1. piks11

    piks11 Guest

    On Jul 2, 10:26 pm, "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    > Savageduck wrote:
    > > On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <>
    > > said:
    > >> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

    > >> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like
    > >> nothing more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly
    > >> different angle would have been much better, plus some serious
    > >> cropping for a better composition, and if you actually intended
    > >> that reflection, that could have been done much better as well. In
    > >> this particular case, I would assume that you did have amply time
    > >> in taking the picture, even with the possibility of using
    > >> different lenses and/or special effects. John Sisker - Huntington
    > >> Beach, California

    > > You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
    > > no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
    > > of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
    > > competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
    > > time, and I thought some here might be interested.

    > > Another example might be something like this;
    > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
    > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>

    > There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
    > don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :
    >
    > http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223
    >
    > --
    > Frank ess-

    Great on the road, catch as catch can photos of some terrific cars.
    Particularly like the one of the Jag XK 120, 140, or whatever in the
    rear view mirror.

    The following link is to one of my photos taken during an interstate
    crawl along near Atlanta.

    http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx
    piks11, Jul 3, 2010

  2. piks11

    Guest

    On Jul 2, 11:26 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > >http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx

    > That looks to be a 1948-52 Cadillac.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    The blue rag top? That's a Chevy.. Probably a 52-53-54
    or somewhere along those lines. 54 at the newest, as
    55 went to the new body style. I'd guess a 52 at first look..
    But that's just a guess.. I don't there was too much difference
    between the 51-52-53 models.
    , Jul 3, 2010

  3. piks11

    Guest

    On Jul 3, 12:02 am, wrote:
    > On Jul 2, 11:26 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >

    > > >http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx

    > > That looks to be a 1948-52 Cadillac.

    > > --
    > > Regards,

    > > Savageduck

    > The blue rag top? That's a Chevy.. Probably a 52-53-54
    > or somewhere along those lines.  54 at the newest, as
    > 55 went to the new body style. I'd guess a 52 at first look..
    > But that's just a guess..  I don't there was too much difference
    > between the 51-52-53 models.

    After doing a bit of checking I believe it's a 53 Chevy Bel Air.
    , Jul 3, 2010
  4. piks11

    piks11 Guest

    On Jul 3, 12:25 am, wrote:

    > > > That looks to be a 1948-52 Cadillac.

    > > > --
    > > > Regards,

    > > > Savageduck

    > > The blue rag top? That's a Chevy.. Probably a 52-53-54
    > > or somewhere along those lines.  54 at the newest, as
    > > 55 went to the new body style. I'd guess a 52 at first look..
    > > But that's just a guess..  I don't there was too much difference
    > > between the 51-52-53 models.

    > After doing a bit of checking I believe it's a 53 Chevy Bel Air.- Hide quoted text -

    I'm not sure, but it was either a 53 or 54. Really nice one. I had
    that view for the better part of an hour.
    piks11, Jul 3, 2010
  5. piks11

    Peter Guest

    "piks11" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 2, 10:26 pm, "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    > Savageduck wrote:
    > > On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <>
    > > said:
    > >> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

    > >> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like
    > >> nothing more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly
    > >> different angle would have been much better, plus some serious
    > >> cropping for a better composition, and if you actually intended
    > >> that reflection, that could have been done much better as well. In
    > >> this particular case, I would assume that you did have amply time
    > >> in taking the picture, even with the possibility of using
    > >> different lenses and/or special effects. John Sisker - Huntington
    > >> Beach, California

    > > You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
    > > no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
    > > of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
    > > competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
    > > time, and I thought some here might be interested.

    > > Another example might be something like this;
    > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
    > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>

    > There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
    > don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :
    >
    > http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223
    >
    > --
    > Frank ess-

    Great on the road, catch as catch can photos of some terrific cars.
    Particularly like the one of the Jag XK 120, 140, or whatever in the
    rear view mirror.

    The following link is to one of my photos taken during an interstate
    crawl along near Atlanta.

    http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx

    I was surprised to see and ad for North Shore Hospital on that site? Were
    they sending a message about tailgating? <G>

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 3, 2010
  6. piks11

    piks11 Guest

    On Jul 3, 8:02 am, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "piks11" <> wrote in message

    > On Jul 2, 10:26 pm, "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Savageduck wrote:

    > > > You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
    > > > no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
    > > > of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
    > > > competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
    > > > time, and I thought some here might be interested.

    > > > Another example might be something like this;
    > > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
    > > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>

    > > There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
    > > don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :

    > >http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223

    > > --
    > > Frank ess-

    > Great on the road, catch as catch can photos of some terrific cars.
    > Particularly like the one of the Jag XK 120, 140, or whatever in the
    > rear view mirror.
    >
    > The following link is to one of my photos taken during an interstate
    > crawl along near Atlanta.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx
    >
    > I was surprised to see and ad for North Shore Hospital on that site? Were
    > they sending a message about tailgating? <G>
    >
    > --
    > Peter- Hide quoted text -

    If you linger around photobucket long enough you will get to see an
    advertisement for anything & everything. And from what I've seen of
    traffic around Alanta (thank God I don't live there) it is so slow
    that the only death threat would be old age.
    piks11, Jul 3, 2010
  7. piks11

    Peter Guest

    "piks11" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 3, 8:02 am, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "piks11" <> wrote in message

    > On Jul 2, 10:26 pm, "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Savageduck wrote:

    > > > You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
    > > > no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
    > > > of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
    > > > competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
    > > > time, and I thought some here might be interested.

    > > > Another example might be something like this;
    > > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
    > > > <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>

    > > There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
    > > don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :

    > >http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223

    > > --
    > > Frank ess-

    > Great on the road, catch as catch can photos of some terrific cars.
    > Particularly like the one of the Jag XK 120, 140, or whatever in the
    > rear view mirror.
    >
    > The following link is to one of my photos taken during an interstate
    > crawl along near Atlanta.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx
    >
    > I was surprised to see and ad for North Shore Hospital on that site? Were
    > they sending a message about tailgating? <G>
    >
    > --
    > Peter- Hide quoted text -

    >If you linger around photobucket long enough you will get to see an
    >advertisement for anything & everything. And from what I've seen of
    >traffic around Alanta (thank God I don't live there) it is so slow
    >that the only death threat would be old age.

    I know what you mean. I used to visit the area several times a year. I
    remember a 2" snowstorm. Nothing moved and most businesses shut down. I got
    stuck in my motel for several extra days.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 3, 2010
  8. piks11

    Guest

    On Jul 3, 1:24 am, piks11 <> wrote:

    > > After doing a bit of checking I believe it's a 53 Chevy Bel Air.- Hide quoted text -

    > I'm not sure, but it was either a 53 or 54.  Really nice one.  I had
    > that view for the better part of an hour.

    It's a 53.. One of 24k , so probably not too many others like it
    in that shape. The 54 had a longer more vertical tail light.
    And you can tell it from a 52 in that the 53's lower trunk line was
    lower on the 53 and 54 vs the earlier years. It almost went down
    to the bumper, where as the 52 had the lower trunk edge a good
    bit higher.. It's a 53, and a pretty valuable one at that, being a
    rag top in nice shape.
    , Jul 3, 2010
  9. piks11

    Guest

    On Jul 3, 12:15 pm, wrote:
    > On Jul 3, 1:24 am, piks11 <> wrote:
    >

    > > > After doing a bit of checking I believe it's a 53 Chevy Bel Air.- Hide quoted text -

    > > I'm not sure, but it was either a 53 or 54.  Really nice one.  I had
    > > that view for the better part of an hour.

    > It's a 53.. One of 24k , so probably not too many others like it
    > in that shape. The 54 had a longer more vertical tail light.
    > And you can tell it from a 52 in that the 53's lower trunk line was
    > lower on the 53 and 54 vs the earlier years. It almost went down
    > to the bumper, where as the 52 had the lower trunk edge a good
    > bit higher.. It's a 53, and a pretty valuable one at that, being a
    > rag top in nice shape.

    Here's a red version.. So we know there are at least 2 out of 24k
    still in good shape.. :/ Wonder how many more exist..
    http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/showproduct.php/product/3618
    , Jul 3, 2010
  10. piks11

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:07:22 -0400, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >"piks11" <> wrote in message
    >On Jul 3, 8:02 am, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >> "piks11" <> wrote in message

    >> > There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
    >> > don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :

    >> >http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223

    >> > --
    >> > Frank ess-

    >> Great on the road, catch as catch can photos of some terrific cars.
    >> Particularly like the one of the Jag XK 120, 140, or whatever in the
    >> rear view mirror.
    >>
    >> The following link is to one of my photos taken during an interstate
    >> crawl along near Atlanta.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/272pjlx
    >>
    >> I was surprised to see and ad for North Shore Hospital on that site? Were
    >> they sending a message about tailgating? <G>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter- Hide quoted text -

    >>If you linger around photobucket long enough you will get to see an
    >>advertisement for anything & everything. And from what I've seen of
    >>traffic around Alanta (thank God I don't live there) it is so slow
    >>that the only death threat would be old age.

    >I know what you mean. I used to visit the area several times a year. I
    >remember a 2" snowstorm. Nothing moved and most businesses shut down. I got
    >stuck in my motel for several extra days.

    Years ago my hometown of Indianapolis came up with a snow evacuation
    scheme following a winter of heavy snows. The next year the city
    couldn't wait to try it out. A first snowfall - barely inches, and it
    didn't stick - the city closed off streets and routed traffic along
    the new routes. Massive traffic jams.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 3, 2010