Re: A Fax program wanted

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by peterwn, Mar 23, 2009.

  1. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, "B Roberts" <> wrote:
    > "Puddle" <> wrote in message

    > >B Roberts wrote:
    > >> I have installed Vista Premium Home Edition

    > >> Until now I did not realise it did not have a fax program

    > >> XP and most of my previous OS had the ability to use fax.

    > >> I guess they take it out so you have to pay extra
    > >> for the next one up

    > >> Does anyone know of a free Fax program?

    > >> Help would be appreciated

    > > It should be in vista also?
    > >http://www.ehow.com/how_2029566_send-fax-vista.html

    > Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
    > I have Premium Home Edition

    Typical Microsoft. Business people would either have fax machines or
    multifunctions which handle faxes.

    It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
    have been included in Home Premium.

    peterwn, Mar 23, 2009

  2. peterwn

    Woger Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT), peterwn <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, "B Roberts" <> wrote:
    >> "Puddle" <> wrote in message

    >> > It should be in vista also?
    >> >http://www.ehow.com/how_2029566_send-fax-vista.html

    >> Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
    >> I have Premium Home Edition

    >Typical Microsoft. Business people would either have fax machines or
    >multifunctions which handle faxes.
    >
    >It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
    >have been included in Home Premium.

    Plus Dialup and a Fax modem.

    Woger, Mar 23, 2009

  3. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 23, 11:22 pm, Woger <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT), peterwn <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, "B Roberts" <> wrote:
    > >> "Puddle" <> wrote in message

    > >> Only business and Ultimate have fax programs now
    > >> I have Premium Home Edition

    > >Typical Microsoft.  Business people would either have fax machines or
    > >multifunctions which handle faxes.

    > >It is home users most likely to need fax software, so surely it should
    > >have been included in Home Premium.

    > Plus Dialup and a Fax modem.

    You do not need dialup internet for fax. You do of course need a
    modem that interfaces with a phone line ie a 'dial up' modem, and some
    computers are sold with them. Fax machines basically contain such
    modems which work on a p2p basis and at lower speeds than the fastest
    dialup internet.

    peterwn, Mar 23, 2009