Re: a+ exam

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony Sivori, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Brandy wrote:

    > i hear (read) you all talk about exam numbers, but i din't see my
    > numbers. i'm studying a book for exam 220-201 and 220-202, hoping it's
    > the right one!

    What book are you using and what edition is it?

    Sorry to say I think you may be studying for the old test. Make sure your
    study materials say they cover the 2003 objectives. The new test codes
    are:
    A+ Core Hardware Exam: 220-301
    A+ OS Technologies Exam: 220-302
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/general_info.asp

    --
    Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Brandy wrote:

    > i have talked to my instructor about it, he said yes, it is the old
    > book, but he wants me to start with that and work forward. he does have
    > a copy of the new book, i guess i'll go over that one afterwards...

    That sounds like at best a rather roundabout way to learn the new
    objectives. I'm not the trusting type, but maybe the instructor isn't
    prepared to properly teach the new objectives. I'd be looking very
    carefully at whomever you've paid (presumably) good money to get your A+.

    --
    Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori, Dec 4, 2003