Re: A disturbing trend in DVd's....

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Man With No Name, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. > >>"NightStalker" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    copy

    (Kinsey on

    aren't

    upcoming

    Perhaps it's really the pirates pulling the strings behind the MPAA?

    Think about it: average-customer gets fed up with all these copyright
    warnings, adds, etc.
    Average-customer buys a DVD burner to back up his DVDs without adds.
    Average customer is now, also, in a much more convenient position to copy
    any rental he particularly-likes-but-doesn't-feel-like-paying-c.$35-for,
    greatly increasing the temptation to do so.

    Really, when you think about it, quite clever of Jack Valenti and his merry
    gang of pirates.

    btw; someone mentioned LG having "auto-play," which is, in my opinion, a
    great feature. Only thing lacking is an option to auto-play with DTS (it
    only goes to the default soundtrack, which is usually Dolby.)

    btw, for those on alt.video.dvd who haven't read all of this thread. I
    think The following is an excellent idea:

    "Brissie" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:47:09 +1000, Koenig
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >>Or you could watch the movie and take it back and demand
    > >>and get a full refund under our consumer law. That would put
    > >>a stop to those stupid games even quicker.

    > I recently returned 24 DVDs to Target because they had all
    > non-bypassable crap at the start.
    >
    > Target accepted the refunds and refunded my money in full.

    (Sorry for the repost aus.dvd, forgot to include alt.video.dvd)

    The Man With No Name, Jun 27, 2005

  2. The Man With No Name

    Goro Guest

    The Man With No Name wrote:

    > copy

    > (Kinsey on

    > aren't

    > upcoming

    > Perhaps it's really the pirates pulling the strings behind the MPAA?
    >
    > Think about it: average-customer gets fed up with all these copyright
    > warnings, adds, etc.
    > Average-customer buys a DVD burner to back up his DVDs without adds.
    > Average customer is now, also, in a much more convenient position to copy
    > any rental he particularly-likes-but-doesn't-feel-like-paying-c.$35-for,
    > greatly increasing the temptation to do so.
    >
    > Really, when you think about it, quite clever of Jack Valenti and his merry
    > gang of pirates.
    >
    > btw; someone mentioned LG having "auto-play," which is, in my opinion, a
    > great feature. Only thing lacking is an option to auto-play with DTS (it
    > only goes to the default soundtrack, which is usually Dolby.)

    what i've noticed with many Japanese R2 DVDs is that when you put the
    dvd in, it automatically goes to the main feature NOT the menu!
    Imagine that! It still has the full menu and all the extras and stuff,
    but when you put the dvd in, the movie plays. makes me very happy.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jun 27, 2005

  3. The Man With No Name

    PETER NEEGER Guest

    The Man With No Name wrote:

    > btw; someone mentioned LG having "auto-play," which is, in my
    > opinion, a great feature. Only thing lacking is an option to
    > auto-play with DTS (it only goes to the default soundtrack, which is
    > usually Dolby.)

    True... but you can sometimes switch to DTS without stopping the movie,
    but if not, just hit MENU, change tracks, and re-start. Still a million
    times faster than being forced to view ads first! :)

    PETER NEEGER, Jun 28, 2005