Re: A digital curiosity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Martin Brown, Mar 20, 2013.

  1. Martin Brown

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    > For the point & shooters among us:
    > <
    > http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time >

    Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
    permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!

    A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank :(

    --
    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Mar 20, 2013

  2. Martin Brown

    Richard Guest

    "Savageduck" wrote in message
    news:2013032001063637335-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...

    >On 2013-03-20 00:42:53 -0700, Martin Brown
    ><|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> said:
    >
    >> On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    >>> For the point & shooters among us:
    >>> <
    >>> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time
    >>> >

    >> Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
    >> permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!
    >>
    >> A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank :(

    >OK!
    >I saved the BBC (trans-Atlantic) page using "Evernote" and emailed it to
    >myself. It arrived somewhat discected. I then saved what I could via my Mac
    >print dialog as a PDF. I hope you can get the gist of this idea. At the
    >moment it is merely a design concept.
    ><
    >https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fi...an camera brings back element of surprise.pdf

    Thanks for going to all that effort. For future reference, others may
    consider using a proxy:
    http://www.publicproxyservers.com/
    http://www.publicproxyservers.com/proxy/list_domain1.html

    Richard, Mar 20, 2013

  3. Martin Brown

    Pablo Guest

    Martin Brown wrote:

    > On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    >> For the point & shooters among us:
    >> <
    >> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time
    >> >

    > Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
    > permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!

    " In the second part of BBC Future’s Imagineering series, British firm
    Conran reimagines the digital camera with some of the retro joys of analogue
    photography."
    --
    Pablo

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    http://paulc.es/

    Pablo, Mar 20, 2013
  4. Martin Brown

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:42:53 +0000, Martin Brown
    <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    : On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    : > For the point & shooters among us:
    : > <
    : > http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time >
    : >
    : Can you post a quick summary please? Those of us in the UK are not
    : permitted to access the international BBC site for some strange reason!
    :
    : A search of the domestic site with likely keywords draws a blank :(

    I'll bet it costs the BBC more to keep you away from their international site
    than it would to let you go there. As others have suggested, using a proxy
    server might help. Or you might go to the U.S. or international CNN (or
    somilar) site and look for a link to the BBC story. Do you have Internet
    Explorer 10? I believe it has an option that makes the user harder to track.

    It's too bad we don't have any Chinese members in the newsgroups. They're
    magicians at finding their way to sites their government doesn't want them to
    see. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Mar 23, 2013