Re: A digital curiosity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Taylor, Mar 20, 2013.

  1. David Taylor

    David Taylor Guest

    David Taylor, Mar 20, 2013

  2. David Taylor

    David Taylor Guest

    On 20/03/2013 07:42, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-19 23:15:41 -0700, David Taylor
    > <> said:
    >
    >> On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    >>> For the point & shooters among us:
    >>> <
    >>> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time
    >>> >

    >> "We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part
    >> of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee."

    > Now how was I to know that?
    >
    > Try this.
    > A click on the image on this site should open the BBC story from their
    > "Future" section. If not, demand a refund.

    You wouldn't have known to start with, but you do now! Most tiresome.
    Thanks for your efforts in bringing us the information. Richard's
    suggestion of a proxy works nicely.

    Crazy world!
    --
    Cheers,
    David
    David Taylor, Mar 20, 2013

  3. David Taylor

    Me Guest

    On 20/03/2013 7:15 p.m., David Taylor wrote:
    > On 19/03/2013 22:54, Savageduck wrote:
    >> For the point & shooters among us:
    >> <
    >> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130318-radical-camera-goes-back-in-time
    >> >

    > "We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part
    > of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee."

    So as it's BBC, then how the hell is it funded?
    There is a small and rather discrete "ads by google" section on the
    page. I doubt that returns a vast fortune.
    The links at the bottom of the page all link back to the UK site.
    Me, Mar 21, 2013