Re: A catastrophic windstorm inside my harddrive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sandy58, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. sandy58

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 30, 3:04 pm, "WeReo_ScoTTy" <> wrote:
    > There's this terrible "whirring" noise coming from inside my harddrive day
    > and night. Amazingly it's not happening right now as I type, but it's a
    > constant. It sounds like a windstorm going on in there.
    >
    > It whirrs up when I scroll a page, strangely, or sometimes load a youtube.. I
    > believe the only moving part inside a harddrive is the fan. I put my hand on
    > the harddrive, and I surmise the fan is for some reason increasing and
    > decreasing in speed.
    >
    > About a week ago I also smelled something burning. I leaned over and sure
    > enough the burning was coming from inside the harddrive, although I don't
    > smell it burning right now. It could be though.
    >
    > This is an Acer Aspire, and I bought it about a couple of years or so ago..
    > Any ideas?

    I had the same problem. Does it smell like frying eggs and maybe
    bacon? So, unless your jewish, moslem or vegitarian......run like
    ****.............for the ketchup.
    sandy58, Dec 30, 2008