Re: A Big thanx Fella's.Mike,Kenny,Brian and Rover

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paul s, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. paul s

    paul s Guest

    John wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:03:04 +0100, "Brian H??" <>
    > wrote:

    >> Errrrr...erm... Big Duke said:
    >>
    >>> Found what I was looking for so thanx again for all your help Guys

    >>You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

    > He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
    > the way it is now.
    >
    > For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
    > those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
    > newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
    > and you can do what you want with it.

    You mean your default charset dont even have a © (copyright symbol) in it.
    WTF are you using?
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003

  2. paul s

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... paul s said:

    > John wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:03:04 +0100, "Brian H??" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

    >> He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
    >> the way it is now.
    >>
    >> For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
    >> those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
    >> newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
    >> and you can do what you want with it.

    > You mean your default charset dont even have a © (copyright symbol) in it.
    > WTF are you using?

    He's probably playing with daddies pc while his playstation cools down :-D

    Brian H¹©, Jun 29, 2003

  3. paul s

    John Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:32:50 GMT, paul s <> wrote:

    >You mean your default charset dont even have a © (copyright symbol) in it.
    >WTF are you using?

    ASCII (us-ascii)

    John, Jun 30, 2003
  4. paul s

    gehenna Guest

    > >>You're welcome, but you you still need to adjust your time zone ;-)

    > > He doesn't need to if he doesn't want to. Perhaps he is happy with it
    > > the way it is now.
    > >
    > > For instance, if I wanted to be a busy body I could tell you to dump
    > > those characters in your handle that are not supported by my
    > > newsreaders' default charset, but I won't because it's your computer
    > > and you can do what you want with it.

    Some people are anal, others just like to keep things tidy. Having
    your clock be wrong annoys some people, whereas others will just plonk
    and forget you. We make our clocks keep the right time most
    importantly because it is a convention. We follow it so everyone's
    news reader looks nice and neat, sort of like a common courtesy. Your
    newsreader's inability to show uncommon characters is a problem at
    your end as it only affects you, the wrong time however affects
    everyone, sort of like a open relay mail server(whatever that is) on
    dial up.

    gehenna, Jun 30, 2003