Re: A+ and Network+ =MCP?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Nathaniel Banks, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Correction:

    You have to register for and take an exam in order to get your A+ & Network+
    certs recognized by M$... M$ states quite clearly that you do not need to
    pass the exam to accomplish this:

    "To apply CompTIA certifications toward these MCP certifications, follow
    these steps:
    1.. Take at least one MCP exam and obtain an MCP ID number. Candidates
    will not be allowed to apply their CompTIA credentials until they have taken
    (passing is not necessary) at least one MCP exam and obtained an MCP ID
    number. The MCP ID number is sent in an e-mail after passing an exam or by
    contacting a Microsoft Regional Service Center for assistance.
    2.. Visit the CompTIA Web site for information about CompTIA
    certifications, and to register your CompTIA credential and your MCP ID
    number."
    However, A+ and Network+ certification in and of themselves do not
    constitute MCP certification... In fact, the equivalent M$ exam will not
    make you MCP certified either.

    Peace.

    Nathaniel

    Nathaniel Banks, Sep 29, 2003