Re: 90 min blank discs.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mechdemon, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. mechdemon

    mechdemon Guest

    In article <bdsert$hoo$>,
    says...
    > Hello all - I have just bought some 90 min discs, and I am using Nero 5.5.
    > My problem is, when I insert the dics, it does not seem to recognise it as
    > 90mins. I have a music file that is longer than 80mins, but less than 90
    > mins, so how can I get around this problem and burn the music to DC. Am I
    > doing something wrong?

    This lot below pasted from Nero's help file:

    First check whether your recorder can overburn or not. From the Recorder
    menu, choose the item Choose Recorder and select your recorder from the
    list. You will find information about whether the recorder supports
    overburning in the recorder information box.

    Activate the overburn option within Nero. From the File menu, choose
    Preferences and then click on the Expert features tab.
    Activate the checkbox which allows overburning and specify the maximum
    CD length. In theory you can choose any size up to 99 minutes and 59
    seconds. Initially you should enter a length 2 minutes longer than the
    specified capacity. If SCSI/ATAPI errors occur at the end of the
    simulation or burning process, we recommend that you reduce the maximum
    overburn capacity or use a different make of CD. If no errors occur, you
    can gradually increase the overburn capacity.

    Click on OK to confirm the change and close the dialog box.
    This setting will have the following effect on the burning process:

    If the amount of data to be burnt is larger than the normal capacity of
    the blank CD, but less than the maximum overburn capacity, Nero will ask
    at the beginning of the burning process whether you really want to
    overburn. If you answer yes to this question, Nero will start the
    burning process. If you answer no, the burning process will be aborted
    because there is not enough space on the destination CD.
    mechdemon, Jul 1, 2003

  2. mechdemon

    Den Guest

    I followed your instructions, and it worked perfectly!

    Thank you very much - I appreciate it! It never ceases to amaze me how much
    help you can get from this group. I've come here on numerous occasions, and
    every time I have been given great advice and managed to solve my problems.

    Cheers again - Den.

    "mechdemon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bdsert$hoo$>,
    > says...
    > > Hello all - I have just bought some 90 min discs, and I am using Nero

    5.5.
    > > My problem is, when I insert the dics, it does not seem to recognise it

    as
    > > 90mins. I have a music file that is longer than 80mins, but less than 90
    > > mins, so how can I get around this problem and burn the music to DC. Am

    > > doing something wrong?
    > >

    > This lot below pasted from Nero's help file:
    >
    > First check whether your recorder can overburn or not. From the Recorder
    > menu, choose the item Choose Recorder and select your recorder from the
    > list. You will find information about whether the recorder supports
    > overburning in the recorder information box.
    >
    > Activate the overburn option within Nero. From the File menu, choose
    > Preferences and then click on the Expert features tab.
    > Activate the checkbox which allows overburning and specify the maximum
    > CD length. In theory you can choose any size up to 99 minutes and 59
    > seconds. Initially you should enter a length 2 minutes longer than the
    > specified capacity. If SCSI/ATAPI errors occur at the end of the
    > simulation or burning process, we recommend that you reduce the maximum
    > overburn capacity or use a different make of CD. If no errors occur, you
    > can gradually increase the overburn capacity.
    >
    > Click on OK to confirm the change and close the dialog box.
    > This setting will have the following effect on the burning process:
    >
    > If the amount of data to be burnt is larger than the normal capacity of
    > the blank CD, but less than the maximum overburn capacity, Nero will ask
    > at the beginning of the burning process whether you really want to
    > overburn. If you answer yes to this question, Nero will start the
    > burning process. If you answer no, the burning process will be aborted
    > because there is not enough space on the destination CD.

    ---
    Den, Jul 1, 2003

  3. mechdemon

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Den" <> wrote in message
    > I followed your instructions, and it worked perfectly!
    >
    > Thank you very much - I appreciate it! It never ceases to amaze me how

    much
    > help you can get from this group. I've come here on numerous occasions,

    and
    > every time I have been given great advice and managed to solve my

    problems.

    > Cheers again - Den.

    Woulda been faster had ya looked in the help file ya know. That's where the
    response came from....
    JabberSmith, Jul 1, 2003
  4. mechdemon

    Den Guest

    > Woulda been faster had ya looked in the help file ya know. That's where
    the
    > response came from....

    Ouch!........... ;-)

    Cheers - Den.

    "JabberSmith" <> wrote in message

    > "Den" <> wrote in message
    > > I followed your instructions, and it worked perfectly!
    > >
    > > Thank you very much - I appreciate it! It never ceases to amaze me how

    > much
    > > help you can get from this group. I've come here on numerous occasions,

    > and
    > > every time I have been given great advice and managed to solve my

    > problems.
    > >
    > > Cheers again - Den.
    > >

    > Woulda been faster had ya looked in the help file ya know. That's where

    the
    > response came from....

    ---
    Den, Jul 2, 2003