  1. Indra

    Indra Guest

    I have that book also, but when I got the test recently, I think the book is
    almost useless. You should consider to find another book to broaden your
    knowledge. The book does really help me to open my eyes to Windows XP but
    does not really help me in the real test.

    Indra, Oct 19, 2006

  2. Indra

    Durin Guest

    Thank you, so what book did you find to broaden your knowledge? I would
    consider purchasing it to get ready for the test.

    Durin, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Indra

    djpimpdaddy Guest

    I used that book as well and I reinforced any subjects I got wrong on
    the included MeasureUp exam by reading TechNet articles off of
    Microsoft's Site. I do not think that I could have passed it without
    reading all those articles on Technet.

    Passed with a 899 first time. I do work in IT and frequently do OS
    upgrades/ rebuilds so I am fairly compfortable with XP. However, after
    taking the practice test from the book there were a lot of subjects
    that I never deal with daily if ever. Why spend more money to get the
    same information that Microsoft Provides for FREE from their web site?
    The key is realizing what subjects you are are bad at and knowing where
    to find the correct information.

    God Bless TechNet. Not only has it helped me at my workplace, but also
    passing the tests. Who knew that all those boring white papers had a
    use? lol

    I am studying for the 70-272 using the MS-Press Kit and TechNet site
    again and feel a lot more confident in passing the first time. With
    using Microsoft Books and Microsoft's own website, you can never be
    accused of cheating.

    Good luck!

    djpimpdaddy, Oct 24, 2006