RE: 70-536 Details

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by LarryWestMCSD, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. "SRINI" wrote:

    > Can someone please provide me the following details?
    > How much in advance we need to reserve for exam?

    You have to reserve an exam prior to 8pm Eastern time on the day before the
    exam, assuming there is room at the testing center you desire.

    > What is the fees for exam?

    It varies by country - in the US it is $125, in Turkey only 35 GBP.
    However, if you are planning on taking the exam prior to the end of the year,
    you can find vouchers on eBay for around $20 to $40 US, more or less.

    > Can we postpone exam once reserved?

    Yes, up to the night before the exam, and you can do it online! Note that if
    you want to reschedule the exam on Prometric, and would like to take it in
    another state, you must call Prometric as their website cannot handle
    rescheduling to another state. I lost out on a Beta exam because of that.
    You cannot reschedule an exam after the exam date, however. It will be
    listed on your transcript as a "no show."
    > Thx,
    > SRINI.

    You're welcome.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
    LarryWestMCSD, Nov 27, 2006

  2. LarryWestMCSD wrote:
    > However, if you are planning on taking the exam prior to the end of the year,
    > you can find vouchers on eBay for around $20 to $40 US, more or less.

    The cost of the exam is 20-40 USD or that is the discount? I'm
    interested either way, just curious :)

    Thanks,

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 28, 2006

  3. LarryWestMCSD

    SRINI Guest

    Thank you very much for info, Larry!

    I am planning to write exam this Friday...

    -Srini.

    SRINI, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Jonathan:
    That is for the exam itself. Its the voucher that you get free if you
    attended one of the Visual Studio 2005 Launch events. Some people who are not
    interested in getting certified have been selling theirs on eBay. Microsoft
    has shut down sales of the entire Launch package (which includes a copy of
    Visual Studio), but has been letting sales of just the voucher go through.
    It is only good on exams 70-235, -431, -536, -551, -552, and -553.

    LarryWestMCSD, Nov 28, 2006
  5. LarryWestMCSD wrote:
    > Jonathan:
    > That is for the exam itself. Its the voucher that you get free if you
    > attended one of the Visual Studio 2005 Launch events. Some people who are not
    > interested in getting certified have been selling theirs on eBay. Microsoft
    > has shut down sales of the entire Launch package (which includes a copy of
    > Visual Studio), but has been letting sales of just the voucher go through.
    > It is only good on exams 70-235, -431, -536, -551, -552, and -553.

    Thank you for this info. I just found a few on ebay. I'll try to get
    one for 70-431.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 28, 2006
  6. SRINI wrote:
    > Thx Larry for your eBay suggestion...I saved 60 bucks today!!!
    >
    > "Jonathan Roberts" wrote:
    >
    >> LarryWestMCSD wrote:
    >>> However, if you are planning on taking the exam prior to the end of the year,
    >>> you can find vouchers on eBay for around $20 to $40 US, more or less.

    >> The cost of the exam is 20-40 USD or that is the discount? I'm
    >> interested either way, just curious :)
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jonathan

    Yes, thank Larry very much! I just saved a bundle too :) (There are a
    few more for anyone else interested!)
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 29, 2006