Re: 70-320: .net, COM+, and regsvcs?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Cerebrus, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    David wrote:
    > I created a small COM+ module and used regsvcs to register it.
    > However, when I add a reference to the COM+ entry, I get the error
    > message that the dll was exported from a CLR assembly and can not be
    > re-imported as a CLR assembly. Can I not use a .net COM+ dll in a
    > program until I link directly to the DLL or must I use late binding?
    >
    > Very confused.

    You say that you added a reference to the COM+ entry. What do you mean
    by this ?

    The Services Installation tool (Regsvcs.exe) registers your class
    library in the COM+ Catalog. Now to use this in an application, you
    need to add a reference to the Class library (.dll) that was generated.

    Cerebrus, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Cerebrus

    certifiedPro Guest

    You can also bind to the assembly at runtime using a configuration file.

    certifiedPro, Jul 27, 2006