RE: 70-320: Help with Loosely Coupled Events Services Example!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Javaman59, Jul 30, 2006.

  1. Javaman59

    Javaman59 Guest

    Hi David,

    I wroted a longer reply to this, but it got lost when I submitted it, so
    I'll have to be quick. You basic problem is the MS doco, which is shocking!
    After creating your event and sink, you need to the instantiate the sink
    (LceSink) and subscribe to the event. Good luck trying to work out how to do
    that - I haven't been able to!

    You'll find this somewhere else in the MSDN...

    Note To create persistent or transient subscriptions between the sink and
    the event class, use the COM+ administration objects with scripts or managed
    code. You can also create transient subscriptions using the Component
    Services administrative tool, accessible from the Windows Control Panel.

    And they leave it there!

    A better example can be found at...

    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/excerpt/com_dotnet_ch10/index.html?page=11

    And they also cut out with a two liner saying that the next step is to
    subscribe!

    Good luck,

    javaman

    Javaman59, Jul 30, 2006

  2. Javaman59

    Javaman59 Guest

    > After creating your event and sink, you need to the instantiate the sink
    > (LceSink) and subscribe to the event. Good luck trying to work out how to do

    I've just seen an example in one of my other books, and you don't need to
    instantiate the sink (mysterious!). You use "All Programs,Administrative
    Tools" to subscribe to event.

    Javaman59, Jul 30, 2006