Re: 70-316 Subject Areas Covered

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Simon Hart, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    If you are referring to the Self Assessment exams on the Microsoft Learning
    page, then those tests tend to target the whole MCAD programme not
    specifically to the exam that you are interested in.

    I recommend using something like Transcender for exam 70-316. Although I
    will add, I have never used Transender exams but many folks here have and
    say they are good.

    Please also note that you will see some basic Web Services stuff in 70-316 -
    or at least, there was in mine. You don't need to know advanced stuff such
    as Web Services 2.0 (Indigo) or WSE's or even detailed knowledge of SOAP and
    wire formats. Just make sure you know what DISCO.exe, WSDL.exe command line
    tools are and what Web Services Definition Language is used for how to
    generate and update proxy's via the IDE.

    If you plan to take 70-320/70-310 then you will need to know some of the
    above.

    Good luck!
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Apr 17, 2006

  2. Simon Hart

    Anagha Guest

    Hi..

    Even i am planning to take up 70-316 exam sometime next month or so.
    Could you tell me what practise tests you r taking up?
    Actually..i`ve quite a bulk of material but don`ve any self-assessment tests..
    Does microsoft site has free access to practise tests??

    Anagha, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    I tend to use the PrepLogic tests that come with Que publishing books and
    the Microsoft Self Assessment tests which are free. I never pay for practice
    exams as I do not think they are that important towards success. What is
    important is that you study the content and make sure you understand each
    topic before continuing.

    Microsoft often offer the second shot free promotion codes that you can use
    if you fail the first exam. The practice exams you can are very expensive
    and IMHO not worth the money.

    Good luck!
    Simon Hart.

    Simon Hart, Apr 22, 2006
  4. Simon Hart

    Cerebrus Guest

    Simon wrote :

    >> I never pay for practice
    >> exams as I do not think they are that important towards success.

    Me neither. But that's because I'm broke ! Lol !

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Apr 22, 2006