RE: 70-270

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Shailesh, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. Shailesh

    Shailesh Guest

    "Rome" wrote:

    > Hello All,
    > I'm almost complete with the MCSA track and i'm interested in the MCDST
    > cert. If anyone has taken the 70-270, how would you compare the 70-271 &
    > 70-272 to it. Would you say that the material covered in the 270 exam is
    > covered in the other 2 exams. Also, can you recommend any good reading
    > material for the exam. Thanks :)

    Although 70-270 contains most of the contents of 70-271 and 70-272
    but these give more stress on troubleshooting.
    I recommend MS Press Self Paced Toolkit for the Preparation of MCDST.
    Later on Try Exam Cram 2

    Shailesh, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Shailesh

    Nick Guest

    Shailesh wrote:
    > "Rome" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello All,
    > > I'm almost complete with the MCSA track and i'm interested in the

    MCDST
    > > cert. If anyone has taken the 70-270, how would you compare the

    70-271 &
    > > 70-272 to it. Would you say that the material covered in the 270

    exam is
    > > covered in the other 2 exams. Also, can you recommend any good

    reading
    > > material for the exam. Thanks :)

    > Although 70-270 contains most of the contents of 70-271 and 70-272
    > but these give more stress on troubleshooting.
    > I recommend MS Press Self Paced Toolkit for the Preparation of MCDST.
    > Later on Try Exam Cram 2

    So if I pass the MCDST, I should be able to pass the MCP for Win XP ?
    How much more difficult is the Win XP MCP ?

    Nick

    Nick, May 8, 2005

  3. Shailesh

    Shawn Dafoe Guest

    If you successfully pass ANY Microsoft exam, you have become a Microsoft
    Certified Professional. It doesn't matter what exam number you are taking.

    S. Dafoe
    Maineville, OH

    Shawn Dafoe, May 8, 2005
  4. Shailesh

    Nick Guest

    ?
    > > How much more difficult is the Win XP MCP ?
    > >
    > > Nick

    What I meant was if I get my MCDST, and then decide to take the 20-270
    exam (to get 2 of the 4 passes for MCSA), is there much more to learn
    for 20-270 ?

    Nick.

    Nick, May 9, 2005
  5. Shailesh

    Ronathospice Guest

    You'd better clarify that....AFAIK if you pass any OPERATING SYSTEM exam you
    are MCP....

    Ronathospice, May 9, 2005
  6. Shailesh

    Jason Guest

    Actually, the MS verbage is to pass any qualifying Microsoft exam. While
    some qualifying exams are the ones that test your knowledge of a particular
    Operating System, there are several others. Check the Microsoft website to
    see which exams are considered qualifying exams at the following location:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/prepare/examresults.aspx?orderby=ID

    FYI...A boolean search on the Microsoft web site is what found this page for
    me...

    Jason, May 10, 2005
  7. Shailesh

    Shawn Dafoe Guest

    Here is the link for MCP clarification ... read it at your leisure.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp

    Shawn Dafoe, May 10, 2005
  8. Shailesh

    Nick Guest

    To get my MCSA, I was going to use the 2 2003 server exams, the XP Pro
    exam and use my MCDST as the elective - essentially 4 exams.

    Passing one of the MCDST exams doesnt give you an MCP, both parts of it
    count as a sort of MCP, think I'd rather put MCDST after my name than
    MCP.......

    Nick.

    Nick, May 10, 2005
  9. Shailesh

    Steve Wicker Guest

    MS must have messed up when they made me an MCP after passing my 70-271
    then!!!!! Stop talking rubbish and try reading the criteria on the MS
    website. Pass an MCP exam, of which 271 and 272 both are and you become an
    MCP, pass both and you are an MCDST.

    Steve Wicker, May 10, 2005
  10. Shailesh

    Shawn Dafoe Guest