Re: 70-210 Help, please!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by CJ, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Hi there. I'm no expert, but did pass the 70-210 recently. I was a nervous
    wreck, but finally calmed myself down by realizing it wasn't brain surgery
    and no one would die if I didn't pass the exam.

    Sorry to hear about your status, but really failing just means you need to
    get more prepared and learn more about the 210. If you can afford it I
    found the CBTnuggets very helpful at cbtnuggets.com. I can only tell you
    how I managed to get through the exam.

    Put yourself together a cheap network if at all possible and try the
    scenarios from the nuggets. If you do them a couple of times it becomes
    very easy and you build confidence.

    I also used this Newsgroup, Exam Essentials, and MSPress books to help me
    find topics that were giving me problems.

    And lastly, what I did when practicing with all of my questions is first try
    to eliminate the most obvious wrong answers. Then after that I narrowed it
    down Ito choose the best possible answer I could. Sometimes the answers
    clearly have at least two wrong answers you can immediately eliminate. I may
    be over guestimating here, but it appears that way in Exam Essentials.

    For example, I find most RIS questions would have something to do with
    DHCP. I would check each answer for DHCP Server or DHCP relay Agent. . I
    can't remember the exact wording or scenario, but start dissecting questions
    in your practice exams.

    When first practicing your questions view the correct answer and why it is
    correct. Take your time and learn the reasoning for the answers. Sometimes
    the answers become easier when you can eliminate the obvious bogus answers.

    And, lastly, this NG is very helpful in resources to pass exams. When in
    doubt - ask.

    Good luck and you'll pass it the next time if you practice and learn the
    material. Don't be too hard on yourself because Msft testing can be
    confusing by just the wording of questions.

    Regards and good luck,
    Carolina
    __________________

    CJ, Jul 1, 2003

  2. CJ

    anhvd Guest

    Hello, Carolina
    Thanks a lot of all your information.
    I will try my best to pass next exam.
    Thank you again.

    anhvd, Jul 1, 2003

  3. CJ

    Maestro Guest

    Carolina,

    It's great that you're so willing to help others achieve their goals. At
    one point in your post below you mentioned not being able to remember the
    exact wording of a question. I interpreted that to mean that you would have
    posted it if you could. You have to be very careful in that area. Remember
    when you took your exam you signed a non-disclosure agreement. Keep taking
    on the challenge and keep on posting.

    *<stuff deleted for brevitiy>*

    Maestro, Jul 2, 2003
  4. CJ

    CJ Guest

    that you would have
    > posted it if you could. You have to be very careful in that area.

    Remember
    > when you took your exam you signed a non-disclosure

    Thank you for reminding me. I'd hate to put all this effort into studying
    and no dating only to lose my achievements over my big mouth.

    Regards,
    Carolina

    CJ, Jul 2, 2003
  5. CJ

    Maestro Guest

    No problem, I often have to catch myself when talking about the exams.

    Maestro, Jul 7, 2003