Re: 6500

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Trendkill, May 29, 2007.

  1. Trendkill

    Trendkill Guest

    On May 29, 4:37 am, "pierre" <> wrote:
    > ios 12.2(17r)S2(Fc1)
    >
    > hi,
    > i am beginner
    > i wish interconnect two 6500 router by gigabit ethernet with no ip address
    > like a switch
    >
    > does any body know how do that ?

    So connect them. Either configure the ports as access ports (set vlan
    XX mod/port), or configure the ports as trunks. The commands will be
    slightly different if its native ios code versus catalyst, but this is
    very straightforward. What specific part are you having issues with?
    Also need a crossover since its switch to switch.

    Trendkill, May 29, 2007

  2. Trendkill

    pierre Guest

    hi, thanks for your response

    i have configured my port in switch access mode but i think youre are right
    i should configure port in trunck mode

    i have'nt use cross cable becaus it was fibre connection

    pierre, May 30, 2007