    Does anybody know for sure? or I just got hosed...

    Thanks in advance !

    Sandra @ C.D.R.

    Sandra@ C.D.R., Mar 2, 2004

  2. "Sandra@ C.D.R." <> writes:
    >I have a 6100 series unit and I am trying to figure how can I tell if it is
    >a 6100 or a 6130 because they told me it was a 6130 but its got a 6100
    >series label ? I was doing some research and I got the following info:
    >The 6100 uses the ATU-C's only and the 6130 uses the 2x ATU-C CAP. Is this
    >true ?
    >Does anybody know for sure? or I just got hosed...

    I believe you can put 1 2 or 4 port ATU-C's in either.. Not positive
    about that part.

    But the 6130 is easy to tell apart. It has the built-in fan shelf, and
    two PEM's (power-entry modules) on the right hand side.

    The original 6100 chassis doesn't have any PEM's, and has an external
    fan shelf that sat right below the unit.

    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Sandra@ C.D.R.

    JC Guest

    The 6100 supported a DOH ( a type of oversubscription model) and the 6130
    didn't. Other than that and the built in power supplies and fan trays, they
    are basically the same. Both will support the 2 port ATU-Cs and 4 port
    ATU-Cs.

    JC

    JC, Mar 3, 2004