Re: 60% of new laptops have 'BIOS-level rootkit'

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by impossible, Jul 31, 2009.

  1. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "vitw" <> wrote in message
    news:4a736e17$...
    > What was meant to be a security device for laptops, helping people to
    > recover them in case of theft, has been exposed as a critical weakness
    > that can allow malicious attackers to gain virtually undetectable long-
    > term remote control of people's laptops.
    >
    > Apparently, around 60% of current new and late-model laptops are affected.
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3828

    Just what we need: more spam from security companies trying to drum up
    business.

    impossible, Jul 31, 2009

  2. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "vitw" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:58:31 +0000, impossible wrote:
    >
    >>> Apparently, around 60% of current new and late-model laptops are
    >>> affected.
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3828
    >>>

    >> Just what we need: more spam from security companies trying to drum up
    >> business.

    > Better yet, OpenBIOS

    Just what we need: more spam from opne-source developers trying to drum up
    investors.

    impossible, Aug 1, 2009

  3. impossible

    impossible Guest

    >> "vitw" <> wrote in message

    >>> Better yet, OpenBIOS

    >> Just what we need: more spam from opne-source developers trying to drum
    >> up
    > > investors.

    > Just what we need - more spam from ignorant impossible fucktards accusing
    > every well-meaning piece of news of being a spam message.

    First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it just
    makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The "fucktard"
    thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    Second of all, you need to learn to select your "news" sources more
    carefully. The author of the "well-meaning" blog you posted works for
    Kaspersky Labs. His job is to stir every security issue into a "threat" that
    will motivate you to but their software. I hoep you feel stupid now, because
    you really are.

    impossible, Aug 1, 2009
  4. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "vitw" <> wrote in message

    "impossible" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just what we need - more spam from ignorant impossible fucktards
    >>> accusing
    >>> every well-meaning piece of news of being a spam message.
    >>>

    >> First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it
    >> just
    >> makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The
    >> "fucktard"
    >> thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.
    >>
    >> Second of all, you need to learn to select your "news" sources more
    >> carefully. The author of the "well-meaning" blog you posted works for
    >> Kaspersky Labs. His job is to stir every security issue into a "threat"
    >> that
    >> will motivate you to but their software. I hoep you feel stupid now,
    >> because
    >> you really are.
    >>

    > The giveaway for you was that when I mentioned OpenBIOS, you took it as a
    > piece of 'spam' for open source.

    Did I fail the freetard litmus test again? Darn!

    impossible, Aug 2, 2009
  5. impossible

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-08-01, impossible <> wrote:
    >>> "vitw" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just what we need: more spam from opne-source developers trying to drum
    >>> up
    >> > investors.

    >> Just what we need - more spam from ignorant impossible fucktards accusing
    >> every well-meaning piece of news of being a spam message.
    >>

    > First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it just
    > makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The "fucktard"
    > thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    Ball in this direction. You in other, along with your own goal post.

    Gordon, Aug 2, 2009
  6. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just what we need - more spam from ignorant impossible fucktards
    >>> accusing
    >>> every well-meaning piece of news of being a spam message.
    >>>

    >> First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it
    >> just
    >> makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The
    >> "fucktard"
    >> thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    Whoops! Ms Penguin deleted the rest of my comment. I'm guessing there's
    something relevant there. Shall we see?

    >> Second of all, you need to learn to select your "news" sources more
    >> carefully. The author of the "well-meaning" blog you posted works for
    >> Kaspersky Labs. His job is to stir every security issue into a "threat"
    >> that
    >> will motivate you to but their software. I hoep you feel stupid now,
    >> because
    >> you really are.

    What was Ms Penguin afraid of, I wonder? That one her brood would get a good
    telling off?

    > Ball in this direction. You in other, along with our own goal post.

    Ms Penguin looking more and more like Larry D'Loser.

    impossible, Aug 2, 2009
  7. On 2 Aug, 13:09, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > "vitw" <> wrote in message

    > "impossible" <> wrote in message

    > >> First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it
    > >> just
    > >> makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The
    > >> "fucktard"
    > >> thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    > >> Second of all, you need to learn to select your "news" sources more
    > >> carefully. The author of the "well-meaning" blog you posted works for
    > >> Kaspersky Labs. His job is to stir every security issue into a "threat"
    > >> that
    > >> will motivate you to but their software. I hoep you feel stupid now,
    > >> because
    > >> you really are.

    > > The giveaway for you was that when I mentioned OpenBIOS, you took it as a
    > > piece of 'spam' for open source.

    > Did I fail the freetard litmus test again? Darn!

    First of all, that's a really lame reply. It doesn't make sense and it
    just makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The
    "freetard" thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    David Goodwin, Aug 3, 2009
  8. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "David Goodwin" <> wrote in message
    > On 2 Aug, 13:09, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >> "vitw" <> wrote in message

    >> "impossible" <> wrote in message

    >> > The giveaway for you was that when I mentioned OpenBIOS, you took it as
    >> > piece of 'spam' for open source.

    >> Did I fail the freetard litmus test again? Darn!

    > First of all, that's a really lame reply.

    Looks like I did fail that test.

    >It doesn't make sense and it
    > just makes you sound like an 8-year-old. You should work on that. The
    > "freetard" thing is a dead giveaway that you've got nothing.

    <shakes head> David, David -- To make this comeback work, you need to follow
    a mocking "first of all" with a substantive "second of all" -- like I did
    (see above). Can you handle that? No, didn't so.

    impossible, Aug 3, 2009