Re: 5-10 Second Freezes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you play games with other applications running?
    Is your system up to the "graphically intense games"?

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:08:01 -0500, in
    <>
    TripTych scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 21, 2005

  2. °Mike°

    TripTych Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Do you play games with other applications running?
    > Is your system up to the "graphically intense games"?

    For your information its a brand spanking new Pentium2 with a lightning fast
    300mzh CPU and a whopping 32 megs of SDRam... There is no reason why I
    shouldnt be able to play Doom3 at 1600x1200 while SETI@home is running and
    I'm defragging my DVD-RW's....Should I maybe stop the virus scan I'm
    running????

    ......Dont be greedy Mike, I already nominated you for a "Helpdesk 2005
    Award" in the humour category. The "most useless response" award should go
    to someone else =) any real suggestions for isolating a 5-10 sec freeze?

    TripTych, Feb 21, 2005

  3. °Mike°

    Plato Guest

    TripTych wrote:

    > .....Dont be greedy Mike, I already nominated you for a "Helpdesk 2005
    > Award" in the humour category. The "most useless response" award should go
    > to someone else =) any real suggestions for isolating a 5-10 sec freeze?

    You need to take it to the shop. Try Yellow Pages | Computer | Sales and
    Service

    Plato, Feb 21, 2005
  4. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:18:30 -0500, in
    <>
    TripTych scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Do you play games with other applications running?
    >> Is your system up to the "graphically intense games"?

    >For your information its a brand spanking new Pentium2 with a lightning fast
    >300mzh CPU and a whopping 32 megs of SDRam... There is no reason why I
    >shouldnt be able to play Doom3 at 1600x1200 while SETI@home is running and
    >I'm defragging my DVD-RW's....Should I maybe stop the virus scan I'm
    >running????
    >
    >.....Dont be greedy Mike, I already nominated you for a "Helpdesk 2005
    >Award" in the humour category.

    And now you're trying to usurp it for yourself? Please try harder.

    > The "most useless response" award should go
    >to someone else =) any real suggestions for isolating a 5-10 sec freeze?

    Yes.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2005