Re: 5-10 Second Freezes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:26:18 -0500, TripTych wrote:

    >ps - i have a second computer that is networked, also on Win2k pro. perhaps
    >I could view the task manager remotely on the other system? Is this a
    >feature of win2k & doable by a newbie like myself?

    You mean something like
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml
    # PsList - list detailed information about processes

    usage: pslist [-?] [-d] [-m] [-x][-t][-s [n] [-r n]][\\computer [-u
    username] [-p password]] [name | pid]

    \\computer Instead of showing process information for the local system,
    PsList will show information for the NT/Win2K system specified. Include
    the -u switch with a username and password to login to the remote system
    if your security credentials do not permit you to obtain performance
    counter information from the remote system.

    >"TripTych" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> One of my systems is experiencing 5-10 second freezes when playing
    >> graphically intense games. I've been trying to go through the process of
    >> elimination to find out what is causing it, replacing all drivers,
    >> spyware/virus free, ruling out heat etc. No love so far.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Feb 21, 2005