Re: 420EX on G2, what features are supported ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Todd Walker, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Todd Walker

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>, ysmadej@cyf-
    kr.edu.pl says...
    > (2) HS sync works with G3/420EX - I'm sure, I've just checked some of
    > my pictures. The EXIF shows 1/400 s and I can certainly see a shadow
    > from a flash.
    > I can see no other explanation than "high speed sync button on 420EX
    > does have some effect with G3" :)

    The 420EX will sync properly with the G3 regardless of the position of
    the hi speed sync switch. I didn't mean to suggest that high speed sync
    doesn't work -- only that the button is unnecessary with the Powershots.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Jul 10, 2003

  2. On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:35:42 GMT, Todd Walker <>
    wrote:

    >The 420EX will sync properly with the G3 regardless of the position of
    >the hi speed sync switch. I didn't mean to suggest that high speed sync
    >doesn't work -- only that the button is unnecessary with the Powershots.

    OK, but isn't shutter speed limited to 1/250 s when HS switch is off
    and unlimited when it's on?

    zbooy

    --
    Szymon 'Zbooy' Madej