Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from John Doe of Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:54 :
    > I have the following questions about Maxnet :
    > 1) Is their news server running reliably now ? Looks like it used to
    > be quite chaotic, didn't it ?

    Yes, up to about April, it was quite unreliable. Since then it has been
    very good. I use it most days.

    The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
    of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit pissed off
    at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
    need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
    elsewhere.

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Peter

    Nick Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:03:17 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
    >of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit pissed off
    >at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
    >need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
    >elsewhere.

    Yes I was expecting (ever since I joined) a change to capped service
    at some point, and 12GB is one of the best around. Let's face it,
    unlimited traffic is simply not sustainable in the real world. I still
    quit them simply because they woulnd't remove the lid on FTP and P2P
    even with the traffic cap. Now compare to paradise or orcon at least,
    that's crap. Oh, their account closure process is also worth noting
    too, but enough have been said on this in one of the previous threads,
    so I'll save my breath here (dig out from google if u like).
    Nick, Jul 9, 2003