Re: 3rd RFD: rec.photo.digital.slr

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve Young, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Guy Macon" <> wrote in message

    > Paul H. wrote:
    >
    >> I'd say forget it: after all the problems on rec.photo.digital with
    >> spammers, trolls, and psychos, the last thing the rec.photo hierarchy
    > >needs is another UNMODERATED group.

    > Part of me is with you Paul. As much as I support the newsgroup
    > creation procedure, I have *lots* and *lots* of frustration for the
    > lack of willingness of Russ Allmighty to let the communities
    > self-govern their own charters through a simple amendment process. The
    > 'ME ME ME' attitude is the problem with today's Usenet. If ISPs and
    > NSPs would enforce charters, the will of the community would prevail
    > ..... instead of the will of a handful of luzers!!! :((

    Oh my Guy, the thousands of texts I've written says it no better than this
    one paragraph . Empowering the people and the communities with their own
    governments could completely change the reflection of Usenet. Apparently
    this is not what the power elite desire, as they foist their obstructing
    hand at every opportunity. Eventually, Usenet will lose all intellegence
    to the competing technologies. Creating more newsgroups, while, at a
    faster pace, littering the landscape with burned out hulks of smoldering
    useless effort. This is no solution at all. Empower the people with their
    own chosen governments

    :)x

    --
    One thing you can guarantee, though: if you don't try, you'll never
    have to find out it might have succeeded, and you can be very smug

    Steve Young, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Steve Young

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> stated
    that:

    >"Guy Macon" <> wrote in message

    [Forgery-snip]
    >> 'ME ME ME' attitude is the problem with today's Usenet. If ISPs and
    >> NSPs would enforce charters, the will of the community would prevail
    >> ..... instead of the will of a handful of luzers!!! :((

    >Oh my Guy, the thousands of texts I've w[Screed-snip]

    You know they say that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness,
    Steve.

    Lionel, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Steve Young

    Steve Young Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote

    >"Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> stated

    >>"Guy Macon" <> wrote in message

    > [Forgery-snip]
    >>> 'ME ME ME' attitude is the problem with today's Usenet. If ISPs and
    >>> NSPs would enforce charters, the will of the community would prevail
    >>> ..... instead of the will of a handful of luzers!!! :((

    >>Oh my Guy, the thousands of texts I've w[Screed-snip]

    > You know they say that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness,
    > Steve.

    won't deny that

    prove that's what I'm doing, or admit your incompetence ;)

    Steve Young, Sep 8, 2004