Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, May 22, 2005.

  1. "Ric Trexell" <> wrote in
    news::

    > This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
    > (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
    > erase your photos.

    Leave it to Canon to do something like that! :)
    George Preddy, May 22, 2005

  2. "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "Ric Trexell" <> wrote in
    >
    >> This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
    >> (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
    >> erase your photos.

    > Leave it to Canon to do something like that! :)

    I shall telephone my friend at once and tell him to ditch his Canon gear as
    it's clearly useless. Ooh, what about all the other professionals that use
    Canon? Maybe I should alert the authorities...

    I'm so glad I haven't got any shares in Canon, what with it looking like
    they'll go into administration now.

    Thanks George!

    I'm going to have a strong cup of coffee now.
    Craig.
    Craig Marston, May 22, 2005

  3. George Preddy

    TAFKAB Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "Ric Trexell" <> wrote in
    >
    >> This week Canon I think announced that if you use the Lexar film
    >> (digital), and hit the play button before doing something, it will
    >> erase your photos.

    > Leave it to Canon to do something like that! :)

    Give them credit for isolating the problem, and letting those very few users
    who combine those conditions to avoid it until the fix is out. It's a
    combination of shooting raw+jpeg, and then trying to review while it's
    writing to a Lexar card. I use Sandisk, and tried to duplicate the problem
    in my 20D, and couldn't.

    TAFKAB, May 22, 2005
  4. George Preddy

    Guest

    GP has just been released from his psychiatric ward, and he's active
    again...Sauve qui peut !
    , May 26, 2005