Re: 35mm or digital SLR?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, May 22, 2005.

  1. "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    news::

    > If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

    Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
    two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
    been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
    purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
    than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

    George Preddy, May 22, 2005

  2. George Preddy

    Roy Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    >
    >> If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

    > Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
    > two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
    > been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
    > purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
    > than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

    Hi there George.

    You seem to be quite active in posting replies, but they all seem to be very
    similar in content.

    Would it not be more efficient and save considerable amounts of your time,
    if you made up a few "Standard Replies", and gave them numbers. Then you
    could just reply "GP - 4" etc, and we would all know what you meant.

    Roy G

    Roy, May 22, 2005

  3. George Preddy

    Andrew Venor Guest

    George Preddy wrote:

    > "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    >

    >>If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

    > Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
    > two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
    > been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
    > purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
    > than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

    And yet my local camera store has a new SD10 in the display case for
    months now and they still haven't been able to sell it even though they
    have marked it down by 45% off their first price.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, May 22, 2005
  4. George Preddy

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

    >> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
    >> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
    >> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
    >> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
    >> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

    > Hi there George.
    >
    > You seem to be quite active in posting replies, but they all seem to be
    > very similar in content.

    I'm beginning to notice that myself. ;-)

    > Would it not be more efficient and save considerable amounts of your time,
    > if you made up a few "Standard Replies", and gave them numbers. Then you
    > could just reply "GP - 4" etc, and we would all know what you meant.

    GUFFAW!

    N.

    Nostrobino, May 22, 2005
  5. George Preddy

    Tony Guest

    Preddy is a troll. He does not own a camera and does not care what lies
    he tells. The Sigma DSLRs, produce bad pictures because of a fourth rate
    sensor and general poor construction.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, May 22, 2005
  6. George Preddy

    Sheldon Guest

    "Andrew Venor" <> wrote in message
    > George Preddy wrote:
    >
    >> "Mr.Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    >>>If you had $1000+ would you buy a digital or film SLR?

    >> Look for a used Sigma SD10 or SD9 DSLR. The image quality on these
    >> two bodies is significantly better than any other DSLR that has ever
    >> been manufactured. For the best glass with top-of-the-line optics,
    >> purchase Sigma EX pro lenses which are slightly better performers
    >> than Canon L lenses at a fraction of the cost.

    > And yet my local camera store has a new SD10 in the display case for
    > months now and they still haven't been able to sell it even though they
    > have marked it down by 45% off their first price.
    >
    > ALV

    I think most people see Sigma cameras and lenses as inferior to brands like
    Nikon and Canon. Any reviews to the otherwise?

    Sheldon, May 22, 2005