Re: 32bit IE not running scripts on XP x64, 64bit fine

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Robert Aldwinckle, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. (cross-post added to Windows 64bit General)

    Robert Aldwinckle, Mar 10, 2007

  2. "Robert Aldwinckle" <> wrote in

    > (cross-post added to Windows 64bit General)
    > "David Simpson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My 32bit version of IE has stopped running ANY scripts. Even the
    >> simple Java script on my home page (see below (Just hides my email
    >> address from web bots)) doesn't work.
    >>
    >> I can no longer see the Windows update page either (it uses the 32bit
    >> version). If I run update in 64bit IE, it sees it, and loads the
    >> 32bit version, which then give me a blank page again.
    >>
    >> I have tried all kinds of checks for malware, but nothing has been
    >> detected.
    >>
    >> Tried setting default security down, no joy. Funny thing is, the 64
    >> bit versions seems to be working fine, even on scripted pages.
    >>
    >> Also, I can't use the windows file search tool, and I just tried to
    >> uninstall iTunes, and it says VBScript is disabled.
    >>

    >> Any suggestion on what I need to do to get things working again????

    Just to let everyone know, I now have this working. Some one in the IE
    newsgroup sent me a link to download the scripting engine. I installed
    that, and all is working agian. Not sure how the engine got
    un-installed.

    / David Simpson \
    | |

    David Simpson, Mar 10, 2007