Re: 32 bit windows xp pro compatiblility with amd athlon 64 bit cpu

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. Dashai is correct, this will technically work, but you will certainly need
    to do a "Repair Install" of Windows XP. See
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for details of how to
    do that.

    On the question of licensing, it depends on whether you have an OEM version
    or a retail version. If you have an OEM version of Windows (ie, one that
    came with your computer, pre-installed, as opposed to one you bought at the
    store), you will need to buy a new, retail, version of Windows XP. OEM
    versions can not move between computers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2007

  2. apologies, Dshai, for the misspelling!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Dshai Guest

    No Problem Charlie, I've used that name in IM's and chatsites for years,
    it's the most misspelled and mispronounced (on streams) nic on the internet
    I believe...<g>

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Jan 14, 2007
  4. I'm just quite conscious of misspelled names, since my last name is
    consistently misspelled.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Dshai Guest

    Now see, that's the one that's never misspelled for me, I'll admit to being
    asked how it's spelled all the time, or at least if it's the common
    spelling, it's Smith, and I'll tell you I sure looked at the girl funny the
    first time I was asked how to spell it...<g>

    Dshai, Jan 14, 2007
  6. Now, now, Chaarlie.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 14, 2007
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP