Re: 300D vs 10D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark B., Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Mark B.

    Mark B. Guest

    "Curt" <> wrote in message
    > I have now browsed through the flash presentation.
    > What is better in the 10D?
    > Focusing speed probably.
    > Build quality also.
    > Other than that?
    > Im really frustrated about ordering a 10D right now ...
    >

    > Regards // Greger

    build quality - magnesium alloy body vs. plastic
    focusing speed - hard to tell just from the press release
    lens mount - looks like the 300D has a new lens mount that would be
    incompatible with existing EF lenses. Also, it's plastic as opposed to
    metal on the 10D
    frame rate - 2.5 fps for 4 frames vs. 3 fps for 9 frames on the 10D

    Not meant to be a complete list, these are just the things that were obvious
    to me.

    Mark
    Mark B., Aug 20, 2003

  2. > lens mount - looks like the 300D has a new lens mount that would be
    > incompatible with existing EF lenses.

    not true, it will be compatible with both type of lenses
    Tomash Bednarz, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Mark B. <> wrote:
    : lens mount - looks like the 300D has a new lens mount that would be
    : incompatible with existing EF lenses. Also, it's plastic as opposed to
    : metal on the 10D

    Lens mount looks like metal on all the photos that I've seen. And the
    press release SPECIFICALLY states that it works with all of the existing
    EF lenses.

    -Charles

    --
    Charles Robinson
    Eagan, MN

    http://www.visi.com/~charlesr
    Charles Robinson, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Charles Robinson, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Mark B.

    Mark B. Guest

    correction: EF lens compatability

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Curt" <> wrote in message
    > > I have now browsed through the flash presentation.
    > > What is better in the 10D?
    > > Focusing speed probably.
    > > Build quality also.
    > > Other than that?
    > > Im really frustrated about ordering a 10D right now ...
    > >

    > > Regards // Greger

    > build quality - magnesium alloy body vs. plastic
    > focusing speed - hard to tell just from the press release
    > lens mount - looks like the 300D has a new lens mount that would be
    > incompatible with existing EF lenses. Also, it's plastic as opposed to
    > metal on the 10D

    OK, I understand now that the 300D can in fact use existing EF lenses, and
    it appears the mount may be metal after all. Other differences: ISO
    limited to 1600, and no high-speed flash sync. Looks like 1/200 is it.

    Mark
    Mark B., Aug 21, 2003
  6. Re: correction: EF lens compatability

    "Mark B." <> wrote:

    > > build quality - magnesium alloy body vs. plastic
    > > focusing speed - hard to tell just from the press release
    > > lens mount - looks like the 300D has a new lens mount that would be
    > > incompatible with existing EF lenses. Also, it's plastic as opposed to
    > > metal on the 10D

    > OK, I understand now that the 300D can in fact use existing EF lenses, and
    > it appears the mount may be metal after all. Other differences: ISO
    > limited to 1600, and no high-speed flash sync. Looks like 1/200 is it.

    Yup. One has to accept a few compromises* in one's el-cheapo camera. If it's
    really the same sensor and same image-processing electronics, all I can say
    is HOOOOORAAAAAAAAAY!

    *: Well, actually, my main camera only flash syncs up to 1/60, so 1/200
    looks great<g>.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Mark B.

    Todd Walker Guest

    Re: correction: EF lens compatability

    In article <>, mbohntrash54
    @comcast.net says...
    > OK, I understand now that the 300D can in fact use existing EF lenses, and
    > it appears the mount may be metal after all. Other differences: ISO
    > limited to 1600, and no high-speed flash sync. Looks like 1/200 is it.
    >
    > Mark

    There is a great feature comparison between the Rebel and the 10D here:

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-6270-6325

    --
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Aug 21, 2003