Re: 300D as a 'Four Thirds' killer?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan F Cross wrote:
    > Looks to me that the new Canon 300D, amongst other things, is designed
    > to be a 'Four Thirds' killer.
    >
    > Canon has seriously geared up dSLR production, and it looks like a large
    > slice of consumer hunger will be sated before the first Four Thirds
    > camera even reaches the shelves. It's not as if there are compatible
    > lenses sitting gadget bags waiting desperately for a Four Thirds body,
    > as it's a new mount.
    >
    > Canon by name; canon by nature!

    Marketing 203: "Clobbering the upstart competitor who has a great
    product and is a real threat to us."

    Alan Browne, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Alan Browne

    Tom Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message

    > Alan F Cross wrote:
    > > Looks to me that the new Canon 300D, amongst other things, is designed
    > > to be a 'Four Thirds' killer.
    > >
    > > Canon has seriously geared up dSLR production, and it looks like a large
    > > slice of consumer hunger will be sated before the first Four Thirds
    > > camera even reaches the shelves. It's not as if there are compatible
    > > lenses sitting gadget bags waiting desperately for a Four Thirds body,
    > > as it's a new mount.
    > >
    > > Canon by name; canon by nature!

    > Marketing 203: "Clobbering the upstart competitor who has a great
    > product and is a real threat to us."

    Um, Marketing 204: What "great product"? You have to get a product to
    market before you deem it "great".

    Tom

    Tom, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Alan Browne

    Lionel Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:48:04 -0400, in <>,
    Alan Browne <> said:

    >Alan F Cross wrote:
    >> Looks to me that the new Canon 300D, amongst other things, is designed
    >> to be a 'Four Thirds' killer.
    >>
    >> Canon has seriously geared up dSLR production, and it looks like a large
    >> slice of consumer hunger will be sated before the first Four Thirds
    >> camera even reaches the shelves. It's not as if there are compatible
    >> lenses sitting gadget bags waiting desperately for a Four Thirds body,
    >> as it's a new mount.
    >>
    >> Canon by name; canon by nature!

    >Marketing 203: "Clobbering the upstart competitor who has a great
    >product and is a real threat to us."

    Canon has a competitor in the DSLR market? Doesn't look like it to me.
    What pro is going to buy a 4/3 camera?

    Lionel, Aug 21, 2003