Re: 3 reasons NOT to buy the 300D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FOR7b, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    > In the case
    >of 300D, there is no direct relation of its material with the material used
    >in making the F-16's polycarbonate canopy, the thickness of the material,
    >besides the chemical composites are factors that will either make the 300D's
    >body unable to withstand an accidental fall, or prove itself indestructible
    >from such careless punishment.

    The example was to show how strong plastics can be. Please try not to extend my
    words by saying I was making a "direct relation" with the canopy of an F-16
    since I know what it is made of and I know what a typical camera body is made
    of. Nowhere did I make any "direct relation." Feel free to look at what I wrote
    again.

    FOR7b, Aug 23, 2003

  2. FOR7b

    Mark M Guest

    "FOR7b" <> wrote in message
    > > In the case
    > >of 300D, there is no direct relation of its material with the material

    used
    > >in making the F-16's polycarbonate canopy, the thickness of the material,
    > >besides the chemical composites are factors that will either make the

    300D's
    > >body unable to withstand an accidental fall, or prove itself

    indestructible
    > >from such careless punishment.

    > The example was to show how strong plastics can be. Please try not to

    extend my
    > words by saying I was making a "direct relation" with the canopy of an

    F-16
    > since I know what it is made of and I know what a typical camera body is

    made
    > of. Nowhere did I make any "direct relation." Feel free to look at what I

    wrote
    > again.

    Hello again 7,
    Perhaps this whole argument could be blunted by simply looking at one
    thing...
    An NFL football helmet.
    What are they protecting? Millionaire's brains...and Billionaire's
    investments.
    What are they constructed of? P-L-A-S-T-I-C.
    No fancy stuff either.
    Game over. :)
    Mark M, Aug 24, 2003

  3. FOR7b

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Mark M wrote:

    > "FOR7b" <> wrote in message
    > > > In the case
    > > >of 300D, there is no direct relation of its material with the material

    > used
    > > >in making the F-16's polycarbonate canopy, the thickness of the material,
    > > >besides the chemical composites are factors that will either make the

    > 300D's
    > > >body unable to withstand an accidental fall, or prove itself

    > indestructible
    > > >from such careless punishment.

    > > The example was to show how strong plastics can be. Please try not to

    > extend my
    > > words by saying I was making a "direct relation" with the canopy of an

    > F-16
    > > since I know what it is made of and I know what a typical camera body is

    > made
    > > of. Nowhere did I make any "direct relation." Feel free to look at what I

    > wrote
    > > again.

    > Hello again 7,
    > Perhaps this whole argument could be blunted by simply looking at one
    > thing...
    > An NFL football helmet.
    > What are they protecting? Millionaire's brains...and Billionaire's
    > investments.
    > What are they constructed of? P-L-A-S-T-I-C.
    > No fancy stuff either.
    > Game over. :)

    Or, consider the case of the world's most highly paid athlete. What
    protects his head? A plastic helmet. And what does this highly paid,
    several times world champion compete in? The very pinnacle of motor
    racing, Formula 1. And the cars that have carried him to multiple world
    championships, what might they be made of? Well mostly plastic!
    Plastic "chassis", plastic "body" (of course really both are the plastic
    monocoque), plastic suspension arms, etc. The motor, however, is still
    (mostly) metal :)

    Interesting that at the pinnacle of motorsport, the cars are plastic.
    At the pinnacle of bicycle racing, the bikes are plastic. At the
    pinnacle of aviation design, the planes are more and more made of
    plastic. Couldn't be a pattern there, eh? :)

    Lisa
    Lisa Horton, Aug 24, 2003
  4. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >Hello again 7,
    >Perhaps this whole argument could be blunted by simply looking at one
    >thing...
    >An NFL football helmet.
    >What are they protecting? Millionaire's brains...and Billionaire's
    >investments.
    >What are they constructed of? P-L-A-S-T-I-C.
    >No fancy stuff either.
    >Game over. :)

    Uh hello again to you. Apparently you either have not been following the whole
    discussion or have forgotten that I am the one that has been supporting plastic
    :)

    FOR7b, Aug 24, 2003
  5. FOR7b

    Mark M Guest

    "FOR7b" <> wrote in message
    > >Hello again 7,
    > >Perhaps this whole argument could be blunted by simply looking at one
    > >thing...
    > >An NFL football helmet.
    > >What are they protecting? Millionaire's brains...and Billionaire's
    > >investments.
    > >What are they constructed of? P-L-A-S-T-I-C.
    > >No fancy stuff either.
    > >Game over. :)

    > Uh hello again to you. Apparently you either have not been following the

    whole
    > discussion or have forgotten that I am the one that has been supporting

    plastic
    > :)

    Yo 7!
    I wasn't arguing with you...rather I was simply chiming in...in agreement.
    Mark M, Aug 24, 2003
  6. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >> >Hello again 7,
    >> >Perhaps this whole argument could be blunted by simply looking at one
    >> >thing...
    >> >An NFL football helmet.
    >> >What are they protecting? Millionaire's brains...and Billionaire's
    >> >investments.
    >> >What are they constructed of? P-L-A-S-T-I-C.
    >> >No fancy stuff either.
    >> >Game over. :)

    >> Uh hello again to you. Apparently you either have not been following the

    >whole
    >> discussion or have forgotten that I am the one that has been supporting

    >plastic
    >> :)

    >Yo 7!
    >I wasn't arguing with you...rather I was simply chiming in...in agreement.

    Including "hello again 7' made it appear as a direct reply to me. :)

    FOR7b, Aug 24, 2003
  7. FOR7b

    Mark M Guest

    "FOR7b" <> wrote in message

    > >> Uh hello again to you. Apparently you either have not been following

    the
    > >whole
    > >> discussion or have forgotten that I am the one that has been supporting

    > >plastic
    > >> :)

    > >Yo 7!
    > >I wasn't arguing with you...rather I was simply chiming in...in

    agreement.

    > Including "hello again 7' made it appear as a direct reply to me. :)

    It was.
    But it just wasn't a rebuttal...
    ....It was confirmation.
    Mark M, Aug 24, 2003
  8. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >It was.
    >But it just wasn't a rebuttal...
    >...It was confirmation.

    Gotcha, thanks. Hard to follow sometimes what alot of people are trying to say
    and to whom. :)

    FOR7b, Aug 24, 2003