    and where the traffic is going. I am sure that the % of international
    traffic in NZ is wildley different than that in the UK.

    Oh yes, just to add to it though, how much is petrol per litre ?

    Who is this, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Who is this

    James West Guest

    "Who is this" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <VJPTa.90829$>,
    > "James West" <james > wrote:
    >

    > > Real Broadband if only

    > Would you be happy with full speed national traffic and zero overseas
    > traffic ?

    whats your idea of full speed?
    would you?

    > the costs are only part of an issue, their is market volume,
    > infrastructure costs (like no 1200 km cable to the nearest neighbour)

    ahem :New York City to London, England 5585 km

    PacRimEast: Keawaula, Hawaii -- Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand, 7855km at
    560 Mb/s

    so your point is?

    > and where the traffic is going. I am sure that the % of international
    > traffic in NZ is wildley different than that in the UK.

    so therefore should be cheaper?

    The London Internet Exchange (LINX), which handles around 96 percent of the
    UK's Internet traffic,
    UK LINX handled an average of 17.6 gigabits of data each second in 2002

    > Oh yes, just to add to it though, how much is petrol per litre ?

    where?

    James West, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Who is this

    Who is this Guest

    In article <BT8Ua.91871$>,
    "James West" <james > wrote:

    > whats your idea of full speed?

    2Mbit

    > would you?

    No

    > > the costs are only part of an issue, their is market volume,
    > > infrastructure costs (like no 1200 km cable to the nearest neighbour)

    > ahem :New York City to London, England 5585 km

    However large companies like MS, Apple, Canon, etc etc etc all have a
    presence in the UK, europe so the % of traffic that goes outside of the
    UK is much lower than it is in NZ

    > > and where the traffic is going. I am sure that the % of international
    > > traffic in NZ is wildley different than that in the UK.

    > so therefore should be cheaper?

    NO, that is why it is more expensive.

    > The London Internet Exchange (LINX), which handles around 96 percent of the
    > UK's Internet traffic,
    > UK LINX handled an average of 17.6 gigabits of data each second in 2002

    And, the cost of this spead over how many millions more people than we
    have in NZ make a difference.

    > > Oh yes, just to add to it though, how much is petrol per litre ?

    > where?

    UK.

    Who is this, Jul 25, 2003