Re: 2Mbit broadband for less than $30?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:26:42 +1000, Jay wrote:

    > And an average UK salary of 18,000 pounds is $NZ50,000.

    That's skewed by London figures. I was surprised how low the figures
    everywhere else are when I looked into it

    > And an average NZ salary of $34,000 is 12,000 pounds.

    Which is about the average salary in the rest of the UK.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 24, 2003

  2. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:21:46 +0000, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:26:42 +1000, Jay wrote:
    >
    >> And an average UK salary of 18,000 pounds is $NZ50,000.

    > That's skewed by London figures. I was surprised how low the figures
    > everywhere else are when I looked into it
    >
    >> And an average NZ salary of $34,000 is 12,000 pounds.

    > Which is about the average salary in the rest of the UK.

    I forgot to mention, the big mac index is a better way of comparing
    salaries in most countries.

    On that basis, $NZ1 = .8 Euro (or so) and about 1 pound.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Uncle StoatWarbler

    Jay Guest

    Who is this wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I forgot to mention, the big mac index is a better way of comparing
    >> salaries in most countries.
    >>
    >> On that basis, $NZ1 = .8 Euro (or so) and about 1 pound.
    >>

    > Look at pertrol prices, insurance rates, housing costs, etc.

    I did that. I used OECD PPP data.

    Jay, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Uncle StoatWarbler

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Uncle StoatWarbler" wrote
    > I forgot to mention, the big mac index is a better way of comparing
    > salaries in most countries.
    >
    > On that basis, $NZ1 = .8 Euro (or so) and about 1 pound.

    Oh dear, someone has figured out that McD's is simply trying to take
    over all currencies and replace them with plastic burgers... I'll have
    to tell Ronald

    T.N.O., Jul 25, 2003
  5. Uncle StoatWarbler

    m00se Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > Oh dear, someone has figured out that McD's is simply trying to take
    > over all currencies and replace them with plastic burgers... I'll have
    > to tell Ronald

    hate to tell you this, but ronald was in on the idea since its conception.

    m00se, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Uncle StoatWarbler

    Alan Guest

    Hi Jay, where can I view these data on-line? I'm quite interested on doing
    some cost of living comparisons.

    Alan

    Alan, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Uncle StoatWarbler

    Jay Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Hi Jay, where can I view these data on-line? I'm quite interested on doing
    > some cost of living comparisons.

    This site has some free reports.
    Avoid the www.oecd.org site which charges for *everything*.

    http://www.oecdwash.org/