Re: 21 Hour Work Week Anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:
    >
    > "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8513783.stm
    >
    > So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?


    1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
    would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week

    and

    2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.

    Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
    unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
    of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Whiskers, Feb 13, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Whiskers

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8513783.stm
    >>
    >> So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?

    >
    > 1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
    > would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week
    >
    > and
    >
    > 2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.
    >
    > Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
    > unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
    > of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~


    I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.

    Mr Pounder
     
    Mr Pounder, Feb 13, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:


    [...]

    > I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    > Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
    >
    > Mr Pounder


    Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
    months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Whiskers, Feb 13, 2010
    #3
  4. Whiskers

    NotMe Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    news:dgzdn.39616$...
    >
    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Cut working week to 21 hours, urges think tank"
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8513783.stm
    >>>
    >>> So, how is the government going to make up the lost revenue?

    >>
    >> 1) By not having to pay benefits to the people currently not working who
    >> would be employed to do the work for the other half of the week
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> 2) Getting Income Tax etc from those same newly employed people.
    >>
    >> Of course it isn't quite that simple; for a start, we haven't got 50%
    >> unemployment (at least not yet). But the idea is to improve the quality
    >> of life for everyone, rather than perpetuate the rat race.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    >> -- Whiskers
    >> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    >
    > I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    > Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
    >
    > Mr Pounder


    Many years back one of the companies I worked with switched to a 4 and 1/2
    day during daylight saving time. Productivity when up and recruitment was
    easier. Later went a 4.5 day week all year long. Things improved again but
    not as much as the DLST change.
     
    NotMe, Feb 13, 2010
    #4
  5. Whiskers

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    >> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:

    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    >> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder

    >
    > Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
    > months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~


    To complicated, other staff would have to be employed

    Mr Pounder
     
    Mr Pounder, Feb 14, 2010
    #5
  6. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-14, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    >
    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    >>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:

    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    >>> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder

    >>
    >> Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other six
    >> months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some mixture.

    >
    > To complicated,


    How so? Merchant sailors, offshore oil-rig workers, and
    lighthouse-keepers, have been doing that sort of thing for a long time.
    Military outfits have 'tours of duty'. Many organisations already cope
    with 'furloughs' and 'sabbatticals' and 'gardening leave' and
    'secondments'. Not to mention 'maternity leave'. Teaching mills
    (self-styled 'educational establishments') have had 'terms' and
    'vacations' for centuries.

    > other staff would have to be employed


    That is rather the point ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Whiskers, Feb 14, 2010
    #6
  7. "Mr Pounder" <> gayyed this out
    via the very openly gayest network in the universe by way of
    this news:AzTdn.39976$:
    >
    > To complicated, other staff would have to be employed
    >
    > Mr Pounder


    Your ghaa-hay and reEEE-tarded; makes you Ghaa-HAY-tarded.
    We know where you "employ" *YOUR* staffs...
    In your British pooty-hole!
    That's where you employ *your* staffs.

    WORD
    GSTQ
    PTL
    WWJD
    UNICEF

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0


    Do-over without the Spanish accents? Pleasssseeee...:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7caO19sB4


    Winter Olympics : WITHOUT steroids and iron-curtain
    sex change operations, it's just a ghaa-hay-snow-slide.

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
     
    Bucky Breeder, Feb 15, 2010
    #7
  8. Whiskers

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 2010-02-14, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> On 2010-02-13, Mr Pounder <> wrote:
    >>>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>> On 2010-02-13, Steve <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>>> I would go for a 10 hour day and a 3 day "weekend".
    >>>> Most people would find this preferable to the age old 2 day weekend.
    >>>>
    >>>> Mr Pounder
    >>>
    >>> Some might prefer a five-day 40 hour week for six months and the other
    >>> six
    >>> months free - either alternating months or in two blocks, or some
    >>> mixture.

    >>
    >> To complicated,

    >
    > How so? Merchant sailors, offshore oil-rig workers, and
    > lighthouse-keepers, have been doing that sort of thing for a long time.
    > Military outfits have 'tours of duty'. Many organisations already cope
    > with 'furloughs' and 'sabbatticals' and 'gardening leave' and
    > 'secondments'. Not to mention 'maternity leave'. Teaching mills
    > (self-styled 'educational establishments') have had 'terms' and
    > 'vacations' for centuries.
    >
    >> other staff would have to be employed

    >
    > That is rather the point ...
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~


    I have done 4 months on and 4 months off, most haven't and would not like
    too.
    My 10 hour day is still the best method.

    Mr Pounder
     
    Mr Pounder, Feb 15, 2010
    #8
  9. "Mr Pounder" <> via
    the ghaa-hayest retarded news-server on Earth with
    news:jZgen.40464$:
    >
    > I have done 4 months on and 4 months off,
    > most haven't and would not like too.
    > My 10 hour day is still the best method.
    >
    > Mr Pounder


    Yeah... because YOUR HINEY-HOLE is used to it!
    You lame Brit-FAGGOT, you're probably already blind
    from rubbin' 'em out to pictures of Prince Charles.

    (Catch its sppeling errors... LOL! - so typical)

    HTH
    HAND
    GSTQ
    PTL
    WWJD
    NRA
    ADL
    AARP
    FEMA
    UNICEF

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0


    Do-over without the Spanish accents? Pleasssseeee...:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7caO19sB4


    Winter Olympics : WITHOUT steroids and iron-curtain
    sex change operations, it's just a ghaa-hay-snow-slide.

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
     
    Bucky Breeder, Feb 15, 2010
    #9
  10. Whiskers

    POGO PUNY Guest

    In article <Xns9D208B4F34483BuckyGram@207.246.207.164>,
    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote:

    > "Mr Pounder" <> via
    > the ghaa-hayest retarded news-server on Earth with
    > news:jZgen.40464$:
    > >
    > > I have done 4 months on and 4 months off,
    > > most haven't and would not like too.
    > > My 10 hour day is still the best method.
    > >
    > > Mr Pounder

    >
    > Yeah... because YOUR HINEY-HOLE is used to it!
    > You lame Brit-FAGGOT, you're probably already blind
    > from rubbin' 'em out to pictures of Prince Charles.


    Gosh FAGTARD u sure got an obsession with assholes and diapers
     
    POGO PUNY, Feb 15, 2010
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. 24 hour <--> 12 hour vcr clock

    , Aug 13, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    760
    Mushroom
    Aug 13, 2004
  2. Re: 24 hour <--> 12 hour vcr clock

    , Aug 14, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    510
  3. jpeabody

    Anyone see 60 Minutes this week?

    jpeabody, Nov 5, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    569
    Tallulah Blanket
    Nov 11, 2003
  4. shannon
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    874
  5. Pete A
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    234
    Pete A
    Mar 11, 2012
Loading...

Share This Page