Re $20 for DVDs is a joke

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by turntrio, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. turntrio

    turntrio Guest

    >Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that simple.
    >You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
    >sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can have,
    >dirt cheap.

    >methos

    No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
    instead of renting them for $3.00
    turntrio, Feb 28, 2004

  2. turntrio

    TSKO Guest

    "turntrio" <> wrote in message
    > >Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that

    simple.
    > >You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
    > >sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can

    have,
    > >dirt cheap.

    > >methos

    > No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
    > instead of renting them for $3.00

    Many a ppl out there dont wish to buy dvd's. They want to rent them, watch
    them, and return them. There is also probably a fair amount of ppl who
    couldnt afford to buy 1 even at $10, so the $2-3 rental is what they can
    afford to pay.
    TSKO, Feb 28, 2004

  3. >>Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that simple.
    >>You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
    >>sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can have,
    >>dirt cheap.

    >>methos

    >No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
    >instead of renting them for $3.00

    They can only sell a DVD for $6-10 one time, whereas they can rent out the same
    DVD at $3-4 multiple times.

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    When toy shopping, look for the Joe Mantegna Seal Of Safety. It's your only
    guarantee that the toy has been deemed safe by Joe Mantegna.
    Sydney Assbasket, Feb 29, 2004
  4. turntrio

    Justin Guest

    TSKO wrote on [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:34:37 GMT]:

    > "turntrio" <> wrote in message
    >> >Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that

    > simple.
    >> >You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
    >> >sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can

    > have,
    >> >dirt cheap.

    >> >methos

    >> No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
    >> instead of renting them for $3.00

    > Many a ppl out there dont wish to buy dvd's. They want to rent them, watch
    > them, and return them. There is also probably a fair amount of ppl who
    > couldnt afford to buy 1 even at $10, so the $2-3 rental is what they can
    > afford to pay.

    Does blockbuster really rent DVDs for 2-3 $?

    I pay 4.something per DVD rental
    Justin, Feb 29, 2004