Re: 2-Port USB (Type A Female) to 9-Pin Motherboard USB Header

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 2, 2008.

  1. Ben C> wrote:

    http://www.anitec.ca/product/10551/generic_2_port_usb_type_a_female_to_9_pin_motherboard_usb_header/

    > Does anybody know where to find this product in the U.S.? I want to
    > keep my ReadyBoost and possibly my pagefile inside my PC, rather than
    > hanging it outside the case like a dongle.

    You may find them, with a slot cover and two usb ports, on a computer
    graveyard :)
    You can just lay the thing inside or even mount it somewhere using a
    screw....

    > I own a 16GB flash drive that's been enhanced for ReadyBoost, and I'd
    > like to try using part or all of it as a pagefile and see if it's
    > speedy enough.
    > -J.

    Flashdrives are good for read-mostly access. Readyboost will fit that, but
    swapfiles are written to continuosly, and the flashdrive will wear out
    soon.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 2, 2008