Re: 2 DVD readers with different prices have the same imege quality?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Adriano, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    >As for a standalone player it's unlikely that a $100 one will
    >be as good as $300 whether you'd notice the difference
    >depends on what you've got it hooked up to, and how you've
    >got it hooked up. Of course there are always exceptions.

    I'm sorry, I don't undestand very well your lines, can you write them
    again, please? My english is poor :)
    thanks very much,

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Adriano

    luminos Guest

    "Adriano" <> wrote in message
    > >As for a standalone player it's unlikely that a $100 one will
    > >be as good as $300 whether you'd notice the difference
    > >depends on what you've got it hooked up to, and how you've
    > >got it hooked up. Of course there are always exceptions.

    > I'm sorry, I don't undestand very well your lines, can you write them
    > again, please? My english is poor :)
    > thanks very much,
    >
    > bye Adriano

    1. Picture quality depends on more than the player.
    2. Picture quality depends on the quality of the monitor.
    3. Picture quality depends on the connection---Component Video is the
    best, followed by S-video, followed by composite video.
    4. The price of a DVD player does not necessarily connect to quality of
    picture from the player.
    5. DVDs are complex, and some players play complex DVDs more reliably than
    others.
    6. If you cannot see the player in person in a store, stick to name brands.
    7. If you have an average, inexpensive television without special video
    capabilities, an inexpensive Toshiba or Pioneer will be great.

    My opinions only.
    luminos, Jan 25, 2004