Re: 130 minutes on a DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Danny Deger, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Danny Deger

    Danny Deger Guest

    > > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:49:06 -0700, "PTRAVEL" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Danny Deger" <> wrote in message

    recorded

    hours in

    > I routinely fit 3+hours of ballgames on a DVD-R MPG-2 320x240@3000kps VBR
    > encoded using TMPEG with some filters (noise/block reduction)
    > The qulity is very satisfactory (similar to SP VHS).

    Thanks everyone. I have just tried TMPGEnc and found the feature of setting
    the video bit rate: however, the audio bit rate was set to 1536 and grayed
    out so I couldn't adjust it. I selected extra and found the same: audio
    options all grayed out. Any ideas.

    Also, I couldn't find in Roxio 6 how to get it to combine a video and audio
    file that are separate into a single DVD. I have Ulead and Roxio. Maybe I
    need to get DVDlab.

    I did find a feature in Roxio 6 DVD Builder to have it calculate how much
    compression to use to make the file fit on a DVD. Obviously not as much
    control as I get with TMPGEnc, but I am letting it encode as we speak. I
    would much prefer to cut down on audio quality than video. All I have is
    voice -- it doesn't take a lot of bandwidth to do voice.

    Danny Deger
    Danny Deger, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Danny Deger

    Dean Guest

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:47:51 -0500, "Danny Deger"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks everyone. I have just tried TMPGEnc and found the feature of setting
    >the video bit rate: however, the audio bit rate was set to 1536 and grayed
    >out so I couldn't adjust it. I selected extra and found the same: audio
    >options all grayed out. Any ideas.

    1536 is for PCM audio. Your only other two options in NTSC are AC3
    (dolby digital) and DTS ($$$$).

    Some DVD authoring programs doesn't support AC3 audio, which includes
    yours apparently.

    >Also, I couldn't find in Roxio 6 how to get it to combine a video and audio
    >file that are separate into a single DVD. I have Ulead and Roxio. Maybe I
    >need to get DVDlab.

    I'm not familiar with your software, sorry.

    --
    http://ripperd2.dhs.org
    Dean, Aug 9, 2003