Re: 128 MB Compact Flash Works in Camera, can't upload

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Martindale, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. (Dan) writes:

    >Well, I filled up my flash card while on vacation. Every thing seemed
    >to work properly while operating my camera, but when I went to upload
    >the pics my computer could not recognize the card properly.
    >Interesting, since the card uploads to the computer while still in the
    >camera.

    It could be the flash card reader, or the drivers for the card, or
    something weird about the interaction between card and reader. I have a
    no-name 256 MB CF card that works fine in 2 cameras, one PCMCIA adapter
    for the laptop, and one USB CF reader, but cannot be accessed at all
    in another CF reader. Yet the latter CF reader reads 3 other cards
    fine.

    >Has anyone heard of this happening before? Any suggestions? I have
    >tried reformatting the disk (losing all of my vacation photos in the
    >process) to no avail.

    Couldn't you read the images off the card while it was still in the
    camera? If so, why not copy all the data before trying something
    destructive like formatting?

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jul 22, 2003