Re: 10mb or 100mb Ethenet for dual T1 router?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ryan Goolevitch, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. "shope" <> wrote in message
    news:VPXeb.4278$...
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > > The router in question is a 2610, of which we have several. It's
    > > 10/half. And yes, it would connect to a 10/100 switch port.
    > >
    > > Would that still be an issue?

    > It may be getting close - but i would not expect it to be a big problem.

    If it's connecting to a switch port, enable full duplex on both ends, and
    then you've got a dedicated 10mbps in and out of the ethernet ports of the
    router (20Mbps total) with no collisions.

    Ryan

    Ryan Goolevitch, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Ryan Goolevitch

    shope Guest

    "Ryan Goolevitch" <> wrote in message
    > "shope" <> wrote in message
    > > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > > > The router in question is a 2610, of which we have several. It's
    > > > 10/half. And yes, it would connect to a 10/100 switch port.
    > > >
    > > > Would that still be an issue?

    > > It may be getting close - but i would not expect it to be a big problem.

    > If it's connecting to a switch port, enable full duplex on both ends, and
    > then you've got a dedicated 10mbps in and out of the ethernet ports of the
    > router (20Mbps total) with no collisions.

    Ryan - that may fix it - but i was not sure that the old 2610s supported
    full duplex.

    --
    Regards

    shope, Oct 17, 2003