Re: 10D RAW files question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by n, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. n

    n Guest

    > You dont always have to convert them using Canon's software - Bibble and
    > Adobe have plug-ins for Photoshop that will read them directly. But I
    > think at this stage it's only D30 and D60 raw files that they will read
    > at the moment. There's a hack for the adobe raw reader plugin that will
    > 'trick' it into reading 10D files.

    What is the hack for this please? Have the photoshop 7.0.1 and camera
    raw plugin already installed. It is showing the .crw files but I can't
    open them in photoshop.
    n, Jul 10, 2003

  2. n

    Lionel Guest

    On 10 Jul 2003 10:52:30 -0700, in
    <>,
    (n) said:

    >> You dont always have to convert them using Canon's software - Bibble and
    >> Adobe have plug-ins for Photoshop that will read them directly. But I
    >> think at this stage it's only D30 and D60 raw files that they will read
    >> at the moment. There's a hack for the adobe raw reader plugin that will
    >> 'trick' it into reading 10D files.

    >What is the hack for this please? Have the photoshop 7.0.1 and camera
    >raw plugin already installed. It is showing the .crw files but I can't
    >open them in photoshop.

    Hell. I've actually done this myself, but I still haven't saved the link
    to the site with the info. With so many people asking for it, I'm
    seriously considering writing a debug script to actually do the mod on
    the plug-in. It's a very simple mod - you only need to change a couple
    of bytes & the name of a file to make the plug-in realise that it can
    open 10D files.

    Lionel, Jul 10, 2003

  3. n

    n Guest

    (n) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > You dont always have to convert them using Canon's software - Bibble and
    > > Adobe have plug-ins for Photoshop that will read them directly. But I
    > > think at this stage it's only D30 and D60 raw files that they will read
    > > at the moment. There's a hack for the adobe raw reader plugin that will
    > > 'trick' it into reading 10D files.

    > What is the hack for this please? Have the photoshop 7.0.1 and camera
    > raw plugin already installed. It is showing the .crw files but I can't
    > open them in photoshop.

    Excellent!

    Thanks everybody! Heheh! They can't stop us!
    n, Jul 11, 2003