Re: 10D RAW Conversion Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ted Rogers, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Ted Rogers

    Ted Rogers Guest

    "Steve Hoffmann" <> wrote in message
    > If you get tired of the long processing times and limited adjustment
    > parameters with CFVU, you may want to take a look at Capture One DSLR LE,
    > BreezeBrowser or Adobe's Camera RAW plugin (needs a simple hack to work

    with
    > the 10D). See a comparison article on these four RAW converters at
    > http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawconverters/rawconverters.htm

    I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
    batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
    Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here? The hack for the RAW
    plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with the
    10D. Can you tell me how its done?

    Thanks

    Ted
    Ted Rogers, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Ted Rogers

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "Ted Rogers" <> wrote in message

    > "Steve Hoffmann" <> wrote in message
    > > If you get tired of the long processing times and limited adjustment
    > > parameters with CFVU, you may want to take a look at Capture One DSLR

    LE,
    > > BreezeBrowser or Adobe's Camera RAW plugin (needs a simple hack to work

    > with
    > > the 10D). See a comparison article on these four RAW converters at
    > > http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/rawconverters/rawconverters.htm
    > >

    > I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
    > batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
    > Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here? The hack for the RAW
    > plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with

    the
    > 10D. Can you tell me how its done?

    It's quite easy.

    You need a hexadecimal editor (there are shareware ones available on the
    internet -- do a google search, or go to www.shareware.com).

    Open the editor, load in the plug-in. Do a search for "D60." It occurs in
    only one place in the program. Replace "D60" with "10D". Save the file
    (preferrably under a new name).

    That's it. Photoshop will now recognize RAW files from the 10D.

    Note: the image may have a slight cyan cast. You can adjust it in
    Photoshop.

    PTRAVEL, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Ted Rogers

    Flycaster Guest

    "Ted Rogers" <> wrote in message
    > I'm very interested in the replies - thank you. The only reason I did a
    > batch conversion from RAW was that I could see no way of getting them into
    > Photoshop otherwise, or am I missing something here?

    No, you're right. PS can't read native RAW files.

    >The hack for the RAW
    > plugin would be great as I bought this prog assuming it would work with

    the
    > 10D. Can you tell me how its done?

    Here you go: http://www.rogercavanagh.com/helpinfo/15_acrpatch.htm

    Be advised, however, that you will end up using the D60 profile which is not
    "spot-on" for the 10D (see my rant above). I've not seen, but have heard
    tales of a slight "magenta" and "contrast" shift. If you're proficient with
    color balancing in PS, though, it should work fine. Just create an action
    that gets you close without slamming the files (preferably high bit), and
    you can batch run it in PS.
    Flycaster, Aug 21, 2003