    everyones opinion?

    Thanks,
    Rube

    Rubix, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Rubix

    Ghostrider Guest

    Rubix wrote:
    > I current own a P4 1.7GHz with 512mb of Rambus ram. I'm extremely
    > happy with it for what I use it for. However I want to start doing
    > some video editing and yeah a MAC would be nice but I can't afford it.
    > I want to buy more ram to boost the speed to 1GB but to do that I need
    > to shell $350 after taxes for another 512mb stick. I'm wondering if I
    > should just buy another newer system using much less expensive DDR. I
    > checked out some websites and they all seemed to state RDRAM was
    > quicker but not by much. Should I go with a new DDR system? What's
    > everyones opinion?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rube

    How much money is being planned for this new system?
    Perhaps enough for a Mac? A P4 at 1.7 MHz is ancient
    when the current P4 systems are already at 3.4 MHz,
    hyperthreading. And RDRAM is really passe. It is
    really the "total" system that counts for an activity
    such as being described.

    Ghostrider, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Rubix

    Rubix Guest

    I would be looking at the Asus P4P800 Deluxe
    http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4p800-d/overview.htm
    P4 2.8Ghz CPU and a couple of 512mb PC3200 DDR sticks.

    Rubix, Feb 5, 2004