    client is running XP pro with SP2

    Regards
    Paul.
    Paul King, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Sure...See this page for help...

    Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 13, 2005

  3. Correction....

    That should read..."Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC your trying to connect to with
    Remote Desktop is running XP Pro"...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 13, 2005
  4. Paul King

    Paul King Guest

    Thanks.

    Wired thing is that the Laptop (running XP pro) cannot RDP to my Win2003
    server held on a remote connection (WAN).

    If I connect the machine via the Ethernet adapter, it works fine.

    Would wireless have anything to do with the connection itself? My Router is
    802.11g enabled

    Cheers
    Paul.

    Paul King, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Interesting... No, wireless should have nothing to do with whether or not you can or can not
    connect.

    Can you connect with the same laptop client via wireless to another PC running XP Remote Desktop?

    When it fails are you only using the wireless interface, ie. meaning the wired interface is not
    connected to your local LAN and you also have the wireless interface connected to your local LAN?

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 13, 2005