    outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
    request? How can this be changed?

    Thanks.
    KDawg44, Feb 7, 2008

  2. KDawg44

    KDawg44 Guest

    On Feb 7, 12:48 pm, KDawg44 <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the
    > outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is
    > remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to
    > RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She
    > is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my
    > windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from
    > administrators of our domain and my active directory username
    > specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.
    >
    > Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the
    > outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
    > request? How can this be changed?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Also, I am able to RDP IN when I am connected to the VPN at home
    without any trouble....

    Thanks.
    KDawg44, Feb 7, 2008

  3. KDawg44

    mcaissie Guest

    "KDawg44" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 7, 12:48 pm, KDawg44 <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a Cisco ASA at the edge of my network that does PAT on the
    >> outside interface and is the VPN endpoint. I have a user who is
    >> remote who is VPNing in and having issues on her PC. I would like to
    >> RDP into her windows xp and take a look, however it is failing. She
    >> is connected to the VPN and I can see her VPN IP in my DNS on my
    >> windows 2003 server. Her laptop is set to allow RDP from
    >> administrators of our domain and my active directory username
    >> specifically. It is not allowing me to RDP in.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why? Could it be that PAT is translating my address to the
    >> outside interface and then getting confused at where to route the
    >> request? How can this be changed?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Also, I am able to RDP IN when I am connected to the VPN at home
    > without any trouble....
    >
    > Thanks.

    maybe an MTU issu...

    Have you tried to lower the MTU on the client side . If you use the Cisco
    VPN client , there is a "Set MTU" option in the Cisco System VPN Client
    program menu. Try at 1300 , if it resolve the problem then increment the
    value until it stops working.
    mcaissie, Feb 7, 2008